Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. Purchased my first 2008 Ultra Classic in May. Prior to this I've owned a Honda VTX1800F '05, Honda Sabre '01, Yamaha FZ1 '01, Yamaha Seca and my first bike a Honda CB750F '80.

This being my first Harley, the ride is awsome, and I purchased it to tour. Most of my riding buddy's already have the Ultra Classic, various years and styles. Took my first tour to New Hampshire and Maine, 3 days, 855 miles. Lots of Motrin for the trip, lol. Bike held everything I needed. It's a great brotherhood. Visited Harley dealers on the way through, everyone was great. The bike gets the looks from all thoughts in the cages.

The newest thing for me on this ride is the heat between my legs. It takes time to get use to it. Always got to keep moving.

Speak to you all soon,
Leigh

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome to our lil' corner of the Internet! :)

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey there Leigh,

Great to have you here. I work in East Meadow or close by anyway. Maybe we can ride one day. A couple of my riding buddies have Ultras. Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha EZE Rider,

I will probably be riding to Oak Beach on Sunday morning. Want to meet in the morning? I usualy leave around 7:30am.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Sure. I like that spot. Great cars and bikes. I may leave a tad later but that sounds good.

I'll be riding this

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Sure are a lot of you Lawn Gisland people here.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Holy crap, EZ, you but a bug ****er on a DX!!! Someone should kick your ass. Not me though, coz I'm old.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
Hello all,
I am new to this forum. Purchased my first 2008 Ultra Classic in May. Prior to this I've owned a Honda VTX1800F '05, Honda Sabre '01, Yamaha FZ1 '01, Yamaha Seca and my first bike a Honda CB750F '80.
Welcome Leigh. Other than that horrid VTX you have had a tasty collection of bikes. I had a Seca 750 and loved it. Also had a couple of Honda 750's which we simply great bikes (the bike that scared Harley shitless)

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Holy crap, EZ, you but a bug ****er on a DX!!! Someone should kick your ass. Not me though, coz I'm old.

Many have tried, few have succeeded. :D

It's a small wind deflector that allows many hours of touring comfort and a spot to mount my EZPASS for the many tolls around these parts. I do take it off for local cruising and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of it.

If anyone needs an ass kicking it's you :bat :rofl:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
EZE Rider: Nice looking V-rod. I will look for you at Oak Beach. I'll have the Blue Ultra Classic.

CBM: I would have liked to own a Honda CB1100F model, but at the time they were to expensive for me. I think the CB750F started the sport bike class for all brands. I should have keeped that FZ1, it was fast. But, as you get older, the things you like to do change. This new Ultra starts a whole new chapter in my biking future. The brotherhood can't be beat by any other manufactured!

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey Leigh,

I think I saw your Ultra there. Does it have the turn down pipes on it? That was some turn out. A couple of pics.

·
Registered
39,569 Posts
I like that bottom one. :cool:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I showed up at 7:40 and the troopers had already closed the area. I came back at 8:30, left by 9am. I dont have the turn downs. I didn't see your V-rod EZErider.

DiamondLil: There are Firebirds there. The show is like that every Sunday in the summer.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I showed up at 7:40 and the troopers had already closed the area. I came back at 8:30, left by 9am. I dont have the turn downs. I didn't see your V-rod EZErider.

DiamondLil: There are Firebirds there. The show is like that every Sunday in the summer.
Now, if I could only make it down to LI!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts