Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My name's Jim and this is my first and intro post. I've been a Harley owner for almost 1 year now, my first year back riding in almost 14 years plus/minus. For the last 7 seasons I've been shooting pix for a weekly local event which overtime has increased my desire to start riding again. Research several years ago for another regular (not really related) endeavor focused my taste on the model I currently own, that being a Road King Classic. I bought a 2002 last November.
It was in pretty good shape and I got it at a great price. I have had some minor fixes to it since, some I've done myself and a couple others I'd like to do which ultimately brought me here (looking for similar experiences and expertise).
Anyway, glad to be here and can't wait to peruse.
Thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
710 Posts
Welcome from Oregon

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SEOklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. I also have an '02 Road King Classic, which I bought 4 years ago. Hope you enjoy your scoot as much as I have mine. Ride safe.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all.

Welcome, pics are always welcome also
Pics as in my bike I presume.

This was the bike when I brought it home last November

It had megaphone pipes on it at time which were too loud, especially in that driveway. Didn't want to be "that guy" in the neighborhood. I got some originals virtually new on ebay for $50 and replaced them. Found a windshield there too. I did some other minor fixes over the winter (grips, a mirror, fender skirt, seat replacement and bag emblems) Here is the bike first day out this year, in March.

Over the summer I had a muffler bracket that was broke and cracked y-pipe replaced, also and the cam shoes replaced and some leaking rocker gaskets.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts