Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Heritage Classic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh how so nice it is to once again have a bike between my legs I could call mine. Bought a 2013 Heritage, completely stock, last Saturday and I was out every day till it cooled off I think Weds. Looks like the next 2 days are riding days as well.
So I am a 59 yo Marine. Hope to be a constructive member here on HDForums. Looking forward to any rides/meets as the wife and I plan on being active and will hopefully be joining the local HOG based out of Motorcity Harley I believe. A dear,dear family friend, Skip Gage worked there and was a long standing member. He was there for me when my father passed, you see they were partners in the Detroit police Motor Division. They were all a tight knit group, picnics, card nights, participating with the Pal athletic teams, drill team at the state fair (remember those days) or working for Mr. Belvedere as sub-contractors (I was a gofer) but they were actual partners riding together until they broke the motor division up and put everyone into all the precincts. That was when most retired and moved onto other careers. They were my inspiration to ride. I remember my dad would bring his bike home everyday and he would polish that thing everyday, rain or shine. Bought my first bike at 14, before being able to get a license and would sneak that thing out at night, pushing it down the street with a friend until getting far enough to start it up and go. But have not owned a HD since the early 90's only being able to ride families or renting for a w/e for the big freedom fest thru the years.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Welcome from West Central Florida! Ride Safe!

·
Super Moderator
4,456 Posts
Welcome from rapidly cooling Virginia!

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Welcome from chilly England & congrats on (y) the Heritage hope ya get a few more days if not weeks riding before your weather changes I know ya get hit by cold weather .....

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Greetings from Minnesota!

·
American
27,317 Posts
Welcome from Indiana

·
Registered
2013 Heritage Classic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from the Thumb Were about are you Located are you a Youper or a troll . Welcome
From Plymouth/Canton, smack in between Ann Arbor and Detroit. My Mom's side of the family is from Calumet/Larium. Been up there numerous times, stopping at the upper and lower tahquamenon falls a few times.

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,212 Posts
Welcome from Pahrump/Las Vegas. Great intro BTW.

·
Registered
2013 Heritage Classic
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the great welcomes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts