Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is David, been riding for 30 some years. Retired from the US Marines now working for the phone company.
Wife and I stepped up to a bagger this past June, and already put over 20k on the odometer. I was on a 79 Lowrider before this one and talk about a culture shock. If I knew how nice these things were I would have had one years ago.

The wife and I have done more together since we got the Ultra than we have done in the last 10 years. I feel very blessed that I have an ol Lady that loves to ride as much as she does. Only problem is now on the Ultra its hard keeping her awake on long rides. We are local chapter members and participate in events ( bike night - local runs ) and have a ball.

Cheers and look forward to maybe meeting some of you on the road.

Semper Fi - DDB out

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Welcome David.

Bagger huh....? Man....that's like admitting I'm getting old....:D

I love seeing them, but just can't bring myself to buy one.

I'm sure one day........... Welcome.

·
Registered
39,492 Posts
Welcome
:USA:

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
welcome!! i am really close to tennessee where i am ..

where are you guys.. if you are anywhere near we h ave a small group that likes to get together and ride .. would love to include you guys

and umm dave.. am i mistaken? i do believe your bike does have a bag on it doesnt it?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bagger huh....? Man....that's like admitting I'm getting old....
I used to feel the same way, but 23 years in the Military have destroyed my body and I was unable to ride for more than an hour on the lowrider. So it was either get a bagger or be sentenced to cage-life.

where are you guys
Crossville right on 127 and 40

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome from mass.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
If you have to slam on your brakes for a deer then she'll wake up and be pissed, wont have seen the deer. I learned this on my bagger.
Sempter fi back

·
Banned
655 Posts
Welcome David. Thank you for the service to our country - sure appreciate that. I ride with several retired/active Marines - Semper Fi is something I hear all the time. Forever Faithful. Great picture of your wife and you. Welcome to the forums from Missouri. Have a boat load of family in Paris/Big Sandy TN.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
:welcome

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome - to a fellow Gizer Glider

·
Johnny Dangerously
36 Posts
Welcome and thanks for your service to our country!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I promise not to cause too much trouble while I am here. ;)

·
Ms. Subtle
1,930 Posts
and ummm girls LOL

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sorry 3Olive,

And of course all the Gals :)

·
Banned
655 Posts
Already starting trouble...............was gonna tell ya - we are all a bunch of trouble makers - so you will fit nicely here.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
we are all a bunch of trouble makers - so you will fit nicely here.
Sweet.... then we can take advantage of my group rate therapy sessions and prozac salt lick.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts