Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy from the great state of North Carolina. I'm looking to move up to a Road King here shortly. I've owned a Triumph speedmaster for over two years now, but need a bike that will ride two up more comfortably(my wife). I'm just not sure about a 2007(5 gal tank) or 2008(six gal tank) I'm 5'9" and don't want the tank to jut my legs out so I can't plant my feet on the ground. I'm pretty much settled on the 2007 RK classic, but I'd like some opinions on the two. I'm familiar with most of the differences on the RK and the RKC, and I just love the bags better on the classic. Wish the 2007 RKC came in pearl black though. Thanks for any input.:ride

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I dont believe the bigger tank will cause that problem but sit one and see. The 6 just looks bulbous to me which made me happy I have the 5. Unless your gonna ride Iron Butt
5 gallons is plenty of road time between stops for a break.

·
Just Ride
239 Posts
Howdy
2006 RKC here and wouldn't trade it for anything. Short rides ,over nighters and runs to the store. The wife needed alittle more cush for the tosh (sundowner for the RKC).

Welcome

Big"D"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well...there's no new RK 2007's to be had according to a couple dealers. Have to settle on 2008/w 6 gal tank. They really don't look that much bigger, and the 2008's have the IDS already installed, updated seat and Brembo brakes. One dealer has a 2008 black RK for $18230 OTD. Wish he'd throw in some extras though.:ride

1 - 14 of 14 Posts