Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks, Tropikflyer here, new to the forum, working in the UAE, living and riding in the Philippines, glad to join ! I got's a 2003 Fat Boy in the PI, and a 2000 Deuce back Stateside.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum from St. Louis. Post some pics of some of your rides there in Philippines, I'm sure everyone would enjoy.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Riding in the Philippines

Thanks for the invite and welcome "ya'll" !

Lot's of cool rides here in the Philippines, many scenic coastal mountain roads, high country twisties, volcano's and everything in between. Big cities like Manila are a challenge due to the extreme traffic, just pick wee hours to transverse through. Many good roads, and Roll on / Roll off Ferries--to get from Island to Island (over 7000) I have been coming here since 2007, living here since 2009. Had to rent bikes for awhile, until I bought a 2003 Fat Boy this year from a friend here in the PI. Before purchasing, rentals consisted of mostly 400/600/750cc Honda Shadows, readily available for rent for about $25 per day + gas. Pretty cheap way to explore the Islands. I have met lot's of good folk here, mostly Americans, Australians and British riding all sorts of bikes. We have a strong contingent of Harley riders here, as many people retire here and import their bikes, but the country's first Harley Davidson Dealership just opened last month in Manila. As in all foreign country's, Harley's are imported, sometimes at a customs duty of around 50% of original MSRP--which drives the cost and value of used Harley's up. Gas stations are plentiful, never a line and you can buy 95/96/97 and 99 octane at the pump! This is a motorcycle world here in the Philippines and they are used for everything. Mostly 110/125cc scooters and the old reliable 155cc Honda, which are common for trike use (side car). Enjoy the pics in my album-"My motorcycle life in the PI", many assorted from my first couple trips and through the years--some are crazy, but always having a good time with many "watering holes" to be found. In the end, I found a home and a woman who puts up with my crap (and gives it back) will do anything for me, is beautiful and fun to be around. Also, she love's to ride--she's getting her first scooter soon, we'll see how she does, then maybe a Sportster Super Low! Tropikflyer--"lost in Asia"

1 - 16 of 16 Posts