Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just joined the forums here because If all goes well, I will be getting an Electra Glide standard this coming saturday.

I do have a few questions though. I am a technician and prefer to work on everything I own myself....As long as I keep my receipts for oil/filters and things like that, do you think I will have a problem if something should arise that needs to be covered by warranty.

(I plan on purchasing the oil and filter and supplies from the selling dealer.)

Thanks, and any quirks I should know about with the Electra glide standard? They look, sound, and ride great from the factory.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

·
What?
3,256 Posts
You do not have to purchase the fluids and filters from the dealer to keep the warranty. Just keep the receipt and note the mileage and you'll be fine.

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new bike.......

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome ride safe

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the welcoming....I don't have the bike just yet, I am still contemplating the color. I got a price of $18,100 OTD. Does that seem like a good price or should I try to get it a bit lower. The bike is black denim with no options.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Baggers rock. Welcome to our lil' corner of the Intarwebz!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Registered
39,573 Posts
For some reason, whenever someone mentions that they plan on getting an Electra-Glide, and asks what color? I think Blue.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
Thanks for all the welcoming....I don't have the bike just yet, I am still contemplating the color. I got a price of $18,100 OTD. Does that seem like a good price or should I try to get it a bit lower. The bike is black denim with no options.
You should know the MSRP that they have on the specs page at HD.com to consider wether the dealer is screwin you or not.
Hope also that your aware of the tax breaks associatted with buying a motorcycle, care of the Stimuless packet for 2009

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You should know the MSRP that they have on the specs page at HD.com to consider wether the dealer is screwin you or not.
Hope also that your aware of the tax breaks associatted with buying a motorcycle, care of the Stimuless packet for 2009
The MSRP of the bike I am buying is $17269. The General manager called me today and said he could do the bike OTD for MSRP plus VA sales tax. That sounded fair to me, I am basically NOT paying any kind of dealer prep or processing fees....just the bike and sales tax.

So NOW OTD should be $17787.07 for the bike....I told him it sounded like a deal to me and I am going to get it this saturday....barring any major disasters. :thumb

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh and thanks AGAIN for all the input.....OH yeah VLADE...what is this about the stimulus package??

1 - 18 of 18 Posts