Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! Just bought my first Harley 2013 Street Glide. I had a softail deluxe on order before I returned home from being deployed in Iraq (2003-2005 - two tours). Got wounded and had to cancel the order as I wasn't sure if my family could afford it as I was recovering and coming back to my civilian life. As I was coming back, the Street Glide was coming out and I just was drawn to its styling. I rode a Honda CB 750 in the past years, but still recall the pact I had with members of my unit to buy a Harley and enjoy life when we got back. In addition, I have wanted a Harley since I was a kid in HS. Got a chance to test ride a Road King and a Street Glide last month and could not stop grinning while I was on the Street Glide, although both bikes looked great. I bought the Street Glide in Midnight Pearl. As I drove home last weekend from the dealership, I felt like part of me was finally getting to come home, the realization of a dream. Here's to the soldiers I served with, our country and all the great folks on this site. I am looking forward to learning a lot on this site.:USA

·
Imperial Wizard...
4,956 Posts
Welcome from Texas ...and thanks for your service...

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts

·
Indian Larry
8,952 Posts
Welcome from north Texas! Thank you for your service!! Enjoy the bike!!

·
Gypsy on Parade
4,777 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma. I hope that grin never goes away! Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from VA

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Hope your wounds have healed! Thank you for your service. And thanks to all our servicemen and to all the Veterans on this forum.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. Enjoy the new ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts