Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 sportster 883 with S/E mufflers, this is my first HD since 1987. I purchased a 1983 honda V65 magna 1100 last season and put 4000 miles on it, I had forgot how much i love being on 2 wheels(sometimes one). I am a truck driver and was going to wisc. alot this past summer during the anniversery celebration and kept seeing, and more importantly hearing, harleys all over the place, needless to say, I caught the fever, and as we all know the only cure is to get one, so i sold my IROC and bought the sporty. I wanted something bigger but couldn't afford it presently. I got a good deal, maybe not as good as i thought, depending on what the abnging-clanging noise is. Either way, no regrets, I can fix almost anything with the right direction.Anyways, HI TO ALL
P.S. I tightened the primary, while running even and the noise is still there,i would now say it's more towards the rear of the engine, sounds like it is definetly in the drive tran. Taking all suggestions. Thanks

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Welcome. Without hearing it myself it's hard to say. You may end up having to take the primary cover off to take a look around.

·
Registered
103 Posts
One of the first bikes I had was a Magna back in the early '80s. That was a fun bike.
Good luck with the diagnosis. Wish I could be more help.

·
a new old fart
238 Posts
I also was in Milwaukee for the 105th, and there is nothing like 500,000 Harleys in one town, yes that was 1/2 million V-twins roaring thru the city and where can you find that many Bikers at one time and all the locals treating us like GODs. and I was able to carry our chapter flag in the parade of heros with 7,499 other bikers,
Only Harley Davidson can put something like this togather

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome from Arizona.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts