Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi yes iam a big guy 6"4 375lbs and iam having a hard time finding a helmet to fit my head right... i take a xxl helmet but all the helmets i try on stick way up on my head makes it look like a bicycle helmet. iam looking for a helmet that will sit down closer to my head and not stick up for high.. iam wanting a half helmet like a germen style or something .. does any body have a clue where i can find what iam looking for .....

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
You have 2 mates on this forum, myself and CustomBikeMike, who have a similar problem, we don't really have much choice in helmets or the way they look, the problem is simply that almost nobody makes any that fit us at all.
We're talking XXXL.

Just FYI, while you're looking, HJC is one company that makes XXXL helmets in some styles, but not in some of the more desirable ones.

I was going to mention some styles you might try but I do notice something interesting.
They have at least one line of helmets that is available in XXXL that is DOT but they are not Snell approved.
That means they are probably made thinner.

If you are trying on a helmet in most cycle shops or anywhere that sells helmets, it's possible they don't have any helmets that are not Snell approved.

Snell standards are very extreme, much more extreme than DOT. Snell standards mandate the helmet can take a severe impact, and then take the same severe impact a second time in the same spot. Many safety engineers say the Snell standards are so unrealistic that they are causing people to suffer brain injury when there should be none.

Regardless of safety standards infighting, I'll suggest finding a cycle shop that stocks HJC, call in advance and ask if they have XXXL in models that are DOT approved only. Such as these half helmets by HJC

CL-21M
HJC-AC2M

If you can't find them anywhere else, this place is very good about returns if you do it promptly, so you could order one or more and send back the ones that don't fit.
http://leatherup.com/l/HJC-Motorcycle-Helmets/22.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have had a hard time finding a lid that fits and looks decent too. I just bought a new HJC half helmet in XXL. It's DOT, but not SNELL. But, I do like wearing it more than the Bell, and the H.D. junk I have bought the past 3 years. It's the CS-2N. Check them out here...
http://hjchelmets.com/

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,499 Posts
I just bought a new HJC half helmet in XXL.... I do like wearing it more than .... the H.D. junk I have bought the past 3 years
Both HD helmets I have bought from the dealership were HJCs.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
You have 2 mates on this forum, myself and CustomBikeMike,

Just FYI, while you're looking, HJC is one company that makes XXXL helmets in some styles, but not in some of the more desirable ones.
]
Word. I'm stuck with a HJC coz my melon is so big. Lotsa powerful brains in Nathan and my noggins.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Look up the web site leatherup.com. They have 2XLG Helmets at good prices. They sell jackets,chaps and all kinds of biker stuff. They ship fast and have a good return policy. RamRod

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have the same trouble, big head, and long from front to back. I had to try on about ten to get one that didn't press too hard in the forehead area.

I'm in England, so no advice where to get one yourself, just to let you know you ain't alone. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts