Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I am looking for some help in relation to my wife's helmet.
She bought one when I finally received my new (and first!) HD. Not having much experience in buying one, she got one that reveled to be too tight eventually.
This is the helmet: Women's Diva II Helmet | Half | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Basically it presses too hard on her forehead and, if it's acceptable for short rides, it definitely hurts in longer ones. When she removes it, a red, defined mark is evident along the forehead.

I tried to push very hard with my thumbs along the inner part of the front portion to try to mold the foam but with limited success.

Does anybody have any suggestion please?

Thanks for any help foks

·
Banned
2,466 Posts
Hey guys,

I am looking for some help in relation to my wife's helmet.
She bought one when I finally received my new (and first!) HD. Not having much experience in buying one, she got one that reveled to be too tight eventually.
This is the helmet: Women's Diva II Helmet | Half | Official Harley-Davidson Online Store

Basically it presses too hard on her forehead and, if it's acceptable for short rides, it definitely hurts in longer ones. When she removes it, a red, defined mark is evident along the forehead.

I tried to push very hard with my thumbs along the inner part of the front portion to try to mold the foam but with limited success.

Does anybody have any suggestion please?

Thanks for any help foks
Too much hair now? Just a thought.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
If its not too tight all the way around, try a do rag. I tried wearing mine with out a do rag and it hurts. Other than that, looks like ya might need to buy another and call it a learning experience.

·
Registered
42,185 Posts
If its not too tight all the way around, try a do rag. I tried wearing mine with out a do rag and it hurts. Other than that, looks like ya might need to buy another and call it a learning experience.
I think so....

Either a new helmet or a new wife. :dunno

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
I think so....

Either a new helmet or a new wife. :dunno
Helmet is gonna be cheaper... don't ask me how I know...:laugh:laugh:laugh

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
I was going to make a smart ass comment until I read it was your wife's helmet. I'm not too bright but I'm smart enough to leave that one alone!

·
Registered
7,427 Posts
You have already tried what I would have suggested: using your thumbs to compress the inner shell. Another option is to use a spoon to compress the inner shell. Just small amounts until the pressure is relieved. If no success, then a new helmet may be in order.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I made some foam adjustments to my new helmet with a hammer. Put a towel down on a solid surface and pound the foam with a hammer in the area that you want to compress it. Worked for me.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
if it don't fit don't force it. if you try to hammer on the foam you could compromise the helmets ability to protect her head. be safe and but a new one that fits.

·
Nocturnal Ancestor
6,788 Posts
Have bought lots of helmets and with no problem...last one I bought was at a harley dealer and was lucky to have the help of three nice looking gals working there advising me, after trying several helmets and several different sizes...
Ended up with one thats a little tight, not bad though... I figure after some time it will be alright?

They convinced me that a little snug was proper??

IF its just one place or spot, I would take my hand and push in on a spot every now and then..... if its just one spot buggin and try to softin" it up a bit...might not work?? but I would try!! or try to sell or give it to someone and get a new one??

Have that problem with boots every once in a while

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
On a 1/2 helmet years ago I had success heating the foam with a hair dryer, then forced a rubber ball in like it was my head. Left it like that overnight and wore the helmet for several years without problems.

(Don't get the foam too hot, some of it can actually melt.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everybody for the suggestions!

I tried to push as hard as I could for a while with thumbs first and spoon after. I bet that heating the foam as suggested will help

Will try more and let you guys know if I make any significant progresses.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
198 Posts
If you can find the brand (HJC is a lot of the Harley Helmets) and model number, some of them use different liners on the same shell. Like if you buy a small, you can use that shell for a small liner and a medium liner. If you buy a Large helmet you can use a large liner, an extra large liner and a 2X liner in the same shell. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Get her another and throw that one on eBay. Go with something from Shoei or Arai if you can find the type. I think both make a 3/4. If it's a full coverage then they are like your favorite shoes. Fit is unreal, quite. Just worth every penny. Jmho.

·
Registered
141 Posts
You may be able to pull the liner out and trim some of the foam with an electric knife . Some helmets have different liners you can get to custom tailor the fit . Shoe and Aria both have removable liners .

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
Well, if you can't enlarge the helmet, here's an idea...

images (4).jpg

--

·
Super Moderator
4,918 Posts
Well you said also, that your bike is new. Have you tried a new exhaust? Get loud pipes and that drastically reduces the amount of noise (complaining) from other sources. Go loud enough and you wont hear her complain about anything.

·
Hit it she goes boom
5,118 Posts
Go loud enough and you wont hear her complain about anything.
Wont' work.... 1. She sits too close. 2. Ya gotta shut the bike off sometime.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts