Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to buy my first HD Roasd King Claasic. I have narrowed it down to these two choices:

--2007 RK Classic Mostly stock except apehanger bars and stainless cables. 10k miles. Dealer bought at auction. Blue/Black 2 tone. $14,500

--2005 RK Classic, Vance and Hines Oval Slip ons. Sissy Bar, Hi flow kit 3,300 miles, Black cherry 2 tone. $14,000

Both bikes are clean, not a scratch on either. I like both paint colors. I'm having a tough time deciding. Any input would be great. Thanks.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Make that two for the 07. For $500 more your getting a newer better bike with a bigger motor and I think an extra gear.

The 05's are known to have rear cylinder valve guide seal issues unless it was redone already.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,215 Posts
Not just a bigger motor, the motor HD made bigger by stroking it,
add less than $700 worth of parts, new cylinders and pistons,
that only made my 2005 TC-88 into a 95 inch motor,
the same parts and labor makes a TC-96 into a 103 inch motor.

..a 103 inch motor.. You'd be glad you did... :thumb :banana:dance

:ride

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
:mwinkI'd take the 05 cause I dont think it has all that oxy sensor polution control crap on it. And lower miles. Dont know if weve heard the end about TC96's. TC88 probably knows it's limitations.

·
Shovelhead
391 Posts
Another vote for the 96cu. in and 6 speed. 10,000 miles ain't sh$t.

·
STAND AND FIGHT!
13,215 Posts
I'd take the 05 cause I dont think it has all that oxy sensor polution control crap on it
Hell, and here I'm wishing I had $700 to spare, (if I could get the V-Rod forum group buy price)
I'd get the ThunderMax auto-tuning engine control module and put 2 O2 sensors on my 05.

I do have a feeling that the relatively shorter stroke of my 95" motor made from the TC-88
with the big bore kit might like being run hard better that the long stroke 96" motor.
My thought on a 103" would be as a stump puller, not a rev master.

·
SNAFU organizer
4,127 Posts
I'm like thinking 07's are gonna be a "one of" POS (dont cuss me cus I do own one) Hell they dont even have the 6 gallon tank like 08's. Call me a conspiracy nut. But I think HD only amped up the engine for ECO bullshit reasons. Also in light of CVO engine problems, etc. They are after all putts and not zoom zooms. Who's in a real hurry on a Harley that a couple cubes make that much difference.

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Both are too new for me......

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'd definitely go '07. I have an '08 that I bought new - I'm customizing it now to fit me and its definitely becoming "my own". Doing it from stock is great.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts