Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help regarding the orginal route 66, which a friend and myself intend to do in 2010 taking 3 weeks, on Harleys.

our Challenge is this, buy the bikes at the beginning of the holiday and ship back to the UK where we live, or sell on. Or our prefered option HIRE the bikes, however, where do we get started, who can be recommended.

Have been told there is a DVD out there which recently came out doing exactly what we intend but again lacking info this side of the pond.

Any help and pointers would be so much appreciated.

·
sober 2 nite
223 Posts
(You should read the forum rules be for posting)
Have done a price for you flight,bike rental,fuel meals motels etc will cost about £4000 apiece:eek7

·
Registered
360 Posts
Need some help regarding the orginal route 66, which a friend and myself intend to do in 2010 taking 3 weeks, on Harleys.

our Challenge is this, buy the bikes at the beginning of the holiday and ship back to the UK where we live, or sell on. Or our prefered option HIRE the bikes, however, where do we get started, who can be recommended.

Have been told there is a DVD out there which recently came out doing exactly what we intend but again lacking info this side of the pond.

Any help and pointers would be so much appreciated.
Found this site; http://www.route66riders.com/ Check it out

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did the Rt66 ride 2yrs ago, and being a truck driver also I can tell you that you should not waste your time and money. 90% of Old RT66 is now NEW highway, there is barely ANY of the old RT66 to ride on or see and mos all the towns are gone and shops closed. i was very dissapointed but I also didnt spend $1000's on comming over to see it was a bust. I suggest maybe make a trip to the Red Wood Forrest or Yosammatie (SP?) it would be much more worth the time and money.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts