Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been awhile since I last posted but I really want a HD Trike or HD Ultra Limited but face a problem that some one out there must be able to solve for me. I am a big guy 6ft 3in 290 lbs and I am 70 years old. The Trike and Limited both give me a problem in the brake peddle is to high and I have to lean over to my left in order to pick my foot up too high to feel safe when I step on the brake. The gear shift has the same problem but I feel that can be over come with the heal and toe shifter. I have had the tall boy seat put on to see if that would and it did not help at all. My wife is getting a new HD Street 750 and I would like to be part of HD family. I will explore any ideas with my dealer.

ANY ONE with a solution to my problem I have just about given up any hope.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Look into reduced reach levers. I believe both Harley and some aftermarket companies offer them.

Edit; What Silverback said. Misunderstood the problem.
Look for extended brake pedals.

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts
There are accessory brake pedals available that came relocate the pad more forward and lower for you. Talk to your dealer. The toe and heel shifter levers can be adjusted to lower positions to make them easier for you to manipulate.

Take heart--Harleys are some of the most customizable for rider fitting bike there are.

--

·
Keep on Ridin’
8,054 Posts

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
i believe there are kits for the impaired ,like extended pedals ect. dont know for sure but maybe check out some company that makes stuff for the handy capped. if you lived here i could introduce you to a man that i know would be able to build you something.

·
Registered
84 Posts
How is everything, Arizona? You turned me on to this site earlier this year. You were right. Great people, too. Just heading home from a Kerrville twisted sisters rally with some folks from that site...what a blast. Also caught the first arrival for this forum's ride down there, a very nice lady. Take care. Ken

1 - 7 of 7 Posts