Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a new 19 sport glide, unfortunately I can fart louder than the stock exhaust. It's my first harley and want to start slow so I'm currently looking for a slip on and come from sport bikes and know nothing about cruiser pipes. I also have no friends that ride cruisers so my only resource has been YouTube. Right now I'm most interested in either the tab or rinehart. Suggestions, anything better? Dont necessarily need the loudest (still would like to know which is though) but definitely something that sounds angry.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Both tab and Rinehart are good exhaust pipes. I prefer the Rinehart a little more because I believe it has a little deeper sound.

·
American
25,972 Posts
RC Components or Rush are good affordable options. About 3-5 hp increase.... unless you have a Blue bike then it’s 10 hp pick up! :wink

·
Registered
10,472 Posts
On my '13 RG I had Rinehart classic true duals with Rinehart 4" mufflers. Nice sound. But...., I needed to wear ear plugs. On my '16 RG I have a de-catted head pipe and Vance & Hines Twin Slash Rounds. Very good sound without being obnoxious.

·
Registered
673 Posts
On my '13 RG I had Rinehart classic true duals with Rinehart 4" mufflers. Nice sound. But...., I needed to wear ear plugs. On my '16 RG I have a de-catted head pipe and Vance & Hines Twin Slash Rounds. Very good sound without being obnoxious.
^^this^^ except I went with V&H power duals. I get a lot of compliments on the sound of my bike.
My buddy has Rineharts on his '17 RG custom.
I don't really like the sound following him, but sound is very subjective.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Picked up a new 19 sport glide, unfortunately I can fart louder than the stock exhaust. It's my first harley and want to start slow so I'm currently looking for a slip on and come from sport bikes and know nothing about cruiser pipes. I also have no friends that ride cruisers so my only resource has been YouTube. Right now I'm most interested in either the tab or rinehart. Suggestions, anything better? Dont necessarily need the loudest (still would like to know which is though) but definitely something that sounds angry.
D&D M8 Fat Cat
:nod

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to go with the cobra neighbor haters slip on due to cost, chrome options and rinehart being on backorder. Question, reading online instructions it says i need to get a new inlet gasket. I'm not finding the specific harley part number it suggest anywhere. Is this something specific to the bike or is there a dependable aftermarket alternative?

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Inlet gasket at head and pipe connections? Any HD shop has them unless COBRA recommends theirs. Remember to apply high temp anti seize to studs. Works well on any slip on joints. Sealer and prevents corrosion at joint.

·
2004 Ultra Classic
1,114 Posts
Ride it 10,000 miles then change the exhaust. When in doubt ride!

:ride:ride:ride

·
Registered
11,047 Posts
Its HD number so it should be available at dealer. May compare it to old one, might be still serviceable. Save it for later? Don't forget the anti seize. Good Luck

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Its HD number so it should be available at dealer. May compare it to old one, might be still serviceable. Save it for later? Don't forget the anti seize. Good Luck
Coo, I'm new to all of this. I guess I'm confused as to if an inlet gasket where the slip on meets is any different from the exhaust port gasket? If not am I ok with just ordering any aftermarket gasket with the pipe?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts