Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I have an 03 sporty with a 1200 conversion. Have cams and some other upgrades as well. I'm big in performance but also want to find a pipe upgrade that sounds good. I really liked the bassani street sweeper look, but hear they will effect my performance big time. I'm looking for a Crome pipe as well because I have decided to go with a Crome theme for the bike.

The problem I have is there is very very few pipes for the 03 sporty around. Went to two different shops and they were even surprised. Very few two into ones for them. After 03 there is lots.

Can anyone give me specific pipe advise for the 03? Or even some advise on strait pipes and if they will effect my performance enough to worry about it? I know back pressure can be helped with baffles I hear?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Here is my bike

ImageUploadedByMO Free1365363085.977321.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1365363117.369423.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1365363151.668223.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
Like you said not a whole lot of options. Depending on how handy you are, I wonder if you could make brackets to fit an 04 up exhaust to your bike. The only difference is that newer ones mount to the teams and stuff so they can vibrate. The engine is exactly the same. I can't imagine it would be too hard to make some brackets off of the stock mounting locations. Could be a nice project. If you're into that sort of thing. Pm schmidys or some guru on here if you wanted to do that to make sure it is possible and for more info...

As for styles, 2-1 is generally the best on bikes for power, especially torque. Drag pipes... No way, if you're looking for power you wont be happy.
Baffles in a crag pipe to gain back power is like a bandaid over a gunshot wound. It helps, but not as much as it could.

Good luck!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like you said not a whole lot of options. Depending on how handy you are, I wonder if you could make brackets to fit an 04 up exhaust to your bike. The only difference is that newer ones mount to the teams and stuff so they can vibrate. The engine is exactly the same. I can't imagine it would be too hard to make some brackets off of the stock mounting locations. Could be a nice project. If you're into that sort of thing. Pm schmidys or some guru on here if you wanted to do that to make sure it is possible and for more info...

As for styles, 2-1 is generally the best on bikes for power, especially torque. Drag pipes... No way, if you're looking for power you wont be happy.
Baffles in a crag pipe to gain back power is like a bandaid over a gunshot wound. It helps, but not as much as it could.

Good luck!

Awesome man. Thanks. I'm guna take some time and decide what to do. I don't think I want drag pipes now.

·
Registered
769 Posts
thunderheader is a great system they sound good and perform great...they make it in chrome full system costs 609 you may be able to find it cheaper on the net or ebay

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts