Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a fuel Pak from V&H ..but I'm having trouble locating the ecu. I even took the rear fender off but not luck.:banghead:
I really appreciate the help. Thxs

Here's a pic.
image.jpg

·
On the loose
8,692 Posts
You would think the fuel pak instructions would show where it was :think

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well V&h tech...said that they have not develop one for the breakout. But model #61017 will work with it. It's for a 2011-2013 softail. The only deference is were the ecu is located.
And since I have the 2011-2013 softail instructions, the ecu is not in the same location.

I just need to located it on the breakout.
Here's a pic where it suppose to be, (per model#61017.)

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

·
Registered
7,340 Posts
The wiring bundle that goes to the ECM is freaking huge. Just find the main harness on the frame backbone and start tracing. You'll find it pretty quick I would think.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That grey plug with the rubber stopper...it is the data transfer cable for the ecu (I plug my power vision into it to do any map changes) if you follow that it should also go to the ECU...hope that helps...

·
Registered
38 Posts
To get to the ECM on the Breakout, you have to pull the rear wheel, then the splash guard behind (in front?) of the rear wheel. I had to do the same when I installed my power commander V. You'll need a 3/4" allen for the rear axle also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
what a pain in the bean bag! I have all the tools to do it but I'm just going to have the guy that is doing my tuning install it thanks for the help. I did get the pipes on today 1 hour install easy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Yeah, I searched for a while trying to find it, or find the plugs, and when I finally realized where it was, I just stood there and looked at the bike thinking, 'you gotta be sh1tting me..' THEN had to go running around town to find a 3/4" allen. It didn't take all that long to do, just more of a hassle than I had expected. Had I known ahead of time, I probably would have spent the money on a power vision from Fuelmoto - it plugs directly into the data port and doesn't have to stay on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
4,294 Posts
The Screaming Eagle Race Tuner (SERT) is the same and doesn't stay connected. I only spelled it out for newbie viewers. I had no idea what it meant a few months ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts