Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where to get replacement key fob for 2015 street glide . the guy I just bought the bike from lost the key fob while transporting it to me and the Harley store has everything on freaking back order so 3 to 4 weeks and I'm not waiting that long to ride somebody please help..... oh guy I bought it from was second owner so he doesn't know the code cause he lost it also...

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Does anybody know where to get replacement key fob for 2015 street glide . the guy I just bought the bike from lost the key fob while transporting it to me and the Harley store has everything on freaking back order so 3 to 4 weeks and I'm not waiting that long to ride somebody please help..... oh guy I bought it from was second owner so he doesn't know the code cause he lost it also...
Sorry, but the dealership is the only go-to for a fob, that i am aware of. Then they gotta program it to the bike, or vice-versa... Hate to burst 'ur bubble.
On a positive note, take the vin number with you and order a set of keys with it... That way you will have a spare.

You can ride the bike by punching in the "code" using the signal lights... IF you know the code! Take a look at the owners manual, the previous owner may have written in the code... Or check out YouTube search Harley Davidson security code. You may be lucky, that the PO never changed it from the factory...
Best of luck!

Edit: Sorry, after i post, i read the "Oh, he lost it..." part.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, but the dealership is the only go-to for a fob, that i am aware of. Then they gotta program it to the bike, or vice-versa... Hate to burst 'ur bubble.
On a positive note, take the vin number with you and order a set of keys with it... That way you will have a spare.

You can ride the bike by punching in the "code" using the signal lights... IF you know the code! Take a look at the owners manual, the previous owner may have written in the code... Or check out YouTube search Harley Davidson security code. You may be lucky, that the PO never changed it from the factory...
Best of luck!

Edit: Sorry, after i post, i read the "Oh, he lost it..." part.
Thanks man I'm a do it yourself man. I just can't see shelling out almost 400 and then having Harley bend me over and charge me to put the dam thing in . I want to do away with the shit and put a Mad Max style stitches Loud ass horn if you do the wrong sequence or something but I don't know if I can just do away with that and bike run ...

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Wow! Replacement fobs are running $400.??? That sounds more like the price for the entire security system!
I lost the one key that came with my bike on the highway somewhere...
I ordered replacement keys from my local dealership... IIRC correctly, the cost was less than $20. They took two weeks to get here (CA). I had lost the fob also (it was on the key). When i gave my vin# to the parts guy, he told me my bike doesn't have a security system... So i didn't order one. The PO either got bamboozled by whomever sold him the bike, or he never really checked it. He even kept a spare battery for the fob in the tour pack. I just remember to lock the bike.

Just a thought, don't know if it is actually feasible: Check with the front desk at the stealership or at the local biker bar (any bar for that matter) If they have some old fobs in the "Lost n' found" drawer. Then see if the service dept can reprogram it to your bike... So they get ya for $25-50 bucks. It could put your knees in the wind! Just sayin'

Reactions: JLR

·
Registered
42,905 Posts
Fobs aren't no $400. I got a spare at Surdyke for $62.50. HD quit giving out 2 a few years ago.

If the PO said there was only one, I'd be having the dealer erase any previous fob associations in the BCM anyway.

And no, there isnt any way to DIY this.

And the PO deserves a throat punch, selling a bike with no fobs or code, making it unridable.

Reactions: slingshot383

·
Try'n to behave
6,353 Posts
Have you tried the discover PIN sequence?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow! Replacement fobs are running $400.??? That sounds more like the price for the entire security system!
I lost the one key that came with my bike on the highway somewhere...
I ordered replacement keys from my local dealership... IIRC correctly, the cost was less than $20. They took two weeks to get here (CA). I had lost the fob also (it was on the key). When i gave my vin# to the parts guy, he told me my bike doesn't have a security system... So i didn't order one. The PO either got bamboozled by whomever sold him the bike, or he never really checked it. He even kept a spare battery for the fob in the tour pack. I just remember to lock the bike.

Just a thought, don't know if it is actually feasible: Check with the front desk at the stealership or at the local biker bar (any bar for that matter) If they have some old fobs in the "Lost n' found" drawer. Then see if the service dept can reprogram it to your bike... So they get ya for $25-50 bucks. It could put your knees in the wind! Just sayin'
The Harley store told me even with a replacement fob I will still need to by a new tssm 300$ and they want 2-300$ to put it in . And I do so how a replacement fob would not do it

·
Registered
42,905 Posts
Have you tried the discover PIN sequence?
That doesnt work unless the security is disarmed. Buttonless fob bikes auto arm.

Reactions: Pred8er

·
Registered
42,905 Posts
It's a long shot, but incase the original owner didn't change the code, they leave the factory with 11111 as the disarm code.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Or the last 5 of the VIN, change any 0's to 1's.

Reactions: Breeze3at

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Funny, i hear that the factory numbers were 13131?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts