Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just bought Fatboy 114 115th anniversary edition. After riding it for a few days a rattling sound started coming from the primary cover. After opening the outer primary cover I found a plastic nut/retainer about 2inchs in diameter laying. No idea where that came from. After removing that bike was alright no sound at all. Infact the gear changing got smoother. Can any one tell me what that black plastic nut is for. I have watched serveral videos of removing primary cover but that nut was not there. Help plz

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Jan.
Tell us about yourself so we know a little about you.
Lot of guys just come on here to get help an leave never to be heard from again.
We all like to help out others.
But we’d like to know who we’re helping.
Like going into a bar an asking anyone want to buy me a drink ?
No response right.
Now if we know you we’d buy that drink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm from Pakistan. I joined this group to get help and offer my help to all the HD owners. I'm here for good no intentions of leaving. Thanks

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I don't have a bike with an Oil Spinner (Part #15) on it so I don't know if they are plastic or not...... Maybe?

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Try posting a picture of it if you can............

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
It's ok with me, lol. It's your bike bro. Me? I'd have a hard time sleeping till I found out what it was, what it did, and got a new on put back on. But I'm weird like that...........

·
Try'n to behave
6,016 Posts
Things don't just find their way into the primary, that plastic nut came from something under that cover.

You may need to pull it back off and compare what you have to the parts diagram to ensure you have all the appropriate parts. Normally the MoCo doesn't put parts in the primary that don't need to be there.

·
Registered
39,834 Posts
Isn't it under warranty?

·
Registered
39,834 Posts
You can use sea water instead.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts