Harley Davidson Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone. I just bought Fatboy 114 115th anniversary edition. After riding it for a few days a rattling sound started coming from the primary cover. After opening the outer primary cover I found a plastic nut/retainer about 2inchs in diameter laying. No idea where that came from. After removing that bike was alright no sound at all. Infact the gear changing got smoother. Can any one tell me what that black plastic nut is for. I have watched serveral videos of removing primary cover but that nut was not there. Help plz
Hello, boss. Very cool to hear from a Harley man on the other side of the world! That part is likely an oil spinner. You can see the part at the link below. It is a sort of plastic nut. It is about $10 at the dealer here, so maybe 1.500 or so rupees. Ride safe! 2017 Harley Davidson Softail FXSE CVO Pro Street Breakout Engine Oil Spinner | eBay

·
Wayward Son
23,356 Posts
Nice of you to go through the sign up process.
Read the "Forum Standards". Which of course we know you read, just to make that your first post.
FWIW. He already received a probable answer.
But must not have liked it as he has not returned.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nice of you to go through the sign up process.
Read the "Forum Standards". Which of course we know you read, just to make that your first post.
FWIW. He already received a probable answer.
But must not have liked it as he has not returned.
You're welcome! Hopefully he has a parts guy because I'm pretty sure the shipping on that one from the States would be multiples of what it would cost new. Regardless how cool to hear about a Harley over there, and not even a little one.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts