Harley Davidson Forums banner

Help required.

4K views 32 replies 12 participants last post by  truckrglenn 
#1 ·
Hello everyone. I just bought Fatboy 114 115th anniversary edition. After riding it for a few days a rattling sound started coming from the primary cover. After opening the outer primary cover I found a plastic nut/retainer about 2inchs in diameter laying. No idea where that came from. After removing that bike was alright no sound at all. Infact the gear changing got smoother. Can any one tell me what that black plastic nut is for. I have watched serveral videos of removing primary cover but that nut was not there. Help plz

#2 ·
Jan.
Tell us about yourself so we know a little about you.
Lot of guys just come on here to get help an leave never to be heard from again.
We all like to help out others.
But we’d like to know who we’re helping.
Like going into a bar an asking anyone want to buy me a drink ?
No response right.
Now if we know you we’d buy that drink [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 ·
Things don't just find their way into the primary, that plastic nut came from something under that cover.

You may need to pull it back off and compare what you have to the parts diagram to ensure you have all the appropriate parts. Normally the MoCo doesn't put parts in the primary that don't need to be there.

#31 ·
Things don't just find their way into the primary, that plastic nut came from something under that cover.

You may need to pull it back off and compare what you have to the parts diagram to ensure you have all the appropriate parts. Normally the MoCo doesn't put parts in the primary that don't need to be there.
normally no. That’s excluding the ama years 😂😂. I always find very strange stuff working on ama year bikes.

If the op isn’t full of shit my guess would be the thing that slings the oil around I don’t remember if that’s plastic or not on some bikes but it does kind of look like a nut. Taking it out woudnt cause this magical easy shift solution tho

But never find missing broken parts and remove them and just go about your business as if it never happen. That’s never going to end well lol

Reactions: Pred8er
This post has been deleted
#28 ·
Nice of you to go through the sign up process.
Read the "Forum Standards". Which of course we know you read, just to make that your first post.
FWIW. He already received a probable answer.
But must not have liked it as he has not returned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.