Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had my 2013 CVO Road glide for two years now and love it but I can't take the buffeting any more. I've added the GADDS deflectors with little or no difference noted. I've read lots of opinions- Windvest, Cee Bailey, Klockwerks, etc. etc. but I need actual input from others who have faced this problem with a Road Glide. Yes, I know that Madstad is highly rated, but no offense to anyone- I don't think I can stand that look on my bike. I test rode another brand last week and I gotta tell ya- I didn't even realize how bad I was getting beat up. I'm 5'-10" with a 30 inch inseam. Any help would be appreciated, I hate to trade off. :feedback:

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
What are you using now?? If stock, you want atleast a recurve windshield.

I run a Madatad, not a fan of the look that much myself, but the ride is great.

ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1420653822.019945.jpg

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
My IMO, take a ride on a Sportster or Dyna sometime ! You'll be happy with what ya got.
My favorite H-D ride is the Road King.
In my business I've had to ride every model H-D has produced in the past 15 years or more.
Winner, Road King ... hands down.
I like all the other H-D models for different reasons but RK wins overall.

·
Señor Member
19,667 Posts
My IMO, take a ride on a Sportster or Dyna sometime ! You'll be happy with what ya got.
My favorite H-D ride is the Road King.
In my business I've had to ride every model H-D has produced in the past 15 years or more.
Winner, Road King ... hands down.
I like all the other H-D models for different reasons but RK wins overall.

Here endeth the lesson.

·
Retired citizen
23,371 Posts
OP, would you like to do a sell/trade by any chance ?

·
Just Ride
3,259 Posts
Got a National Wave on my RGC and HD's wind deflectors on crash bar. I'm 5'10 32 inch inseam. Very little buffeting. Sancho's wings would solve what little I have. Just don't like the looks.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
What are you using now?? If stock, you want atleast a recurve windshield.

I run a Madatad, not a fan of the look that much myself, but the ride is great.

View attachment 303010
I disagree. I love the look of that windshield. If Harley hadn't given me a Windsplitter that I am happy with I was going for that on the looks and what you said about the performance.

That Shield looks good, it looks "Bad," it looks ..........Serious!

IMO

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
I swear by Windvest.....The thing is to find the right size to get. Buffering? No, not really.
I went from the 10', 12', then back to the 10'.
I find the key is to look just above the top of the windshield. Thats for me.

I do have a brand new 12' collecting dust. If you like looking through the windshield, then a 12' would be fine. On rainy days, I wish I had the 12' in on.

Anyway, I say Windvest....

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
On my last 3 baggers. I had the smallest windscreen I could put on my FLHTC. Maybe 5 inches high. Loved that I could see over it at night or during the day! Wife didn't care for it one bit. Now I have a 14 Tri Glide with a wind screen that's just way to high. Looking for a smaller one. HATE looking thru this thing! I guess it to each his own huh ?

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
Check out these...

The Mako by Long Ride Shields

Long Ride Shields is having a 60% off sale.

or

Freedom Shields

I have the Freedom Shields on my Street Glide and it's real quality. Just got the Long Ride Shield but it's still in the box. Looks nice too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Windshield

The Freedom Shield does look good. The website actually has a picture of the shield on my bike. Anyone else have experience with them?

·
VA Fender Bender
5,551 Posts
I have klockwerks on my 15. Kind of like it.

Attachments

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
The Freedom Shield does look good. The website actually has a picture of the shield on my bike. Anyone else have experience with them?
I already mentioned I have the Freedom Shield on my Street Glide and it is well made. The edges are buffed and polished. I have never seen that on any other shield including the stock Harley shields.

Also, the Freedom Shield is acrylic, not polycarbonate and it is a much heavier gauge material than the other shields that I have seen around. The new Long Ride Shield I received is polycarbonate and is thinner than my Freedom Shield. Not necessarily a bad thing. I was in a Harley dealer today and their stock shields are thin.

In the end, it's a matter of personal preference. All these products will serve us well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts