Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped the screw that hold on the Battery cover on an 2011 SuperGlide Custom. And I can't find the screw size anywhere.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I hate it when that happens. I have a couple coffee cans filled with various fasteners for times like that.

Sorry I can't help you with the screw size though.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,548 Posts
I have a large asst of new and excess nut's bolts screws and asst fastners to choose from and some metric I picked up a asstorment of metric fastners sizes and different head types at the local Ace Hardware for a few bucks . they include socket head cap screws and button head cap screws for the bike. I have them in a plastic divider tray

It's even worst when ya drop your Nutzs

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Zelrick.

And to everyone else, Yes I should have a big box of such stuff.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
no problem, I have similar issues regularly, I should really build me one of those things like Lowes has, that has a bolt and nut of each side on a board to keep on the wall in the garage...

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could have but then the same goes for about half the questions asked in this forum.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually have a parts manual but it was at home and I wanted to get the new screw on the way home.

The online parts microfiche only says screw. No specs.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I actually have a parts manual but it was at home and I wanted to get the new screw on the way home.

The online parts microfiche only says screw. No specs.
That online parts microfiche sometimes is incorrect. I noticed that they changed it about a month ago, reverting back to the old microfiche that is limited in the model years it covers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts