Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dropped the screw that hold on the Battery cover on an 2011 SuperGlide Custom. And I can't find the screw size anywhere.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I hate it when that happens. I have a couple coffee cans filled with various fasteners for times like that.

Sorry I can't help you with the screw size though.

·
Poser Member # 99
17,151 Posts
I have a large asst of new and excess nut's bolts screws and asst fastners to choose from and some metric I picked up a asstorment of metric fastners sizes and different head types at the local Ace Hardware for a few bucks . they include socket head cap screws and button head cap screws for the bike. I have them in a plastic divider tray

It's even worst when ya drop your Nutzs

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Zelrick.

And to everyone else, Yes I should have a big box of such stuff.

·
Acta Non Verba
2,093 Posts
no problem, I have similar issues regularly, I should really build me one of those things like Lowes has, that has a bolt and nut of each side on a board to keep on the wall in the garage...

·
Addicted Since 2010
7,845 Posts
For anyone else reading this, you can call the dealer and they should give you the size of nuts and bolts like that.
At least my dealer does....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I could have but then the same goes for about half the questions asked in this forum.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
For anyone else reading this, you can call the dealer and they should give you the size of nuts and bolts like that.
At least my dealer does....

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Or buy a parts manual...

In addition to the part number of every nut, bolt and screw, it will give you the size and grade of each fastener.

·
Call me Gig.
3,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I actually have a parts manual but it was at home and I wanted to get the new screw on the way home.

The online parts microfiche only says screw. No specs.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I actually have a parts manual but it was at home and I wanted to get the new screw on the way home.

The online parts microfiche only says screw. No specs.
That online parts microfiche sometimes is incorrect. I noticed that they changed it about a month ago, reverting back to the old microfiche that is limited in the model years it covers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts