Harley Davidson Forums banner

Help with 2009 883 low

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bobf 
#1 ·
Wanting to make the forks stock length. People at Harley can’t even seem to tell me what needs to be done. They said everything is different inside. Before taking them apart and seeing what’s actually inside, I wanna see if anyone already knows. What would it take to extend the forks a mere 2 inches? Just new tubes or just different springs or spacers or damper rods? (No screw on extensions plz)

#3 ·
Wanting to make the forks stock length. People at Harley can’t even seem to tell me what needs to be done. They said everything is different inside. Before taking them apart and seeing what’s actually inside, I wanna see if anyone already knows. What would it take to extend the forks a mere 2 inches? Just new tubes or just different springs or spacers or damper rods? (No screw on extensions plz)
Extended fork tubes and spring spacers (slugs) is all.

#5 ·
Google St.Charley Harley.

On their Page find Departments, a drop down will show a list, Select Parts Finder. Then a ""Contact us Today"" mini page will open, X out of it on Top Right, Then doing this will take you to the OEM Parts Finder. Click the Words "Harley Davidson". The next page will ask for the Bikes year, key it in and then select your bike. You will see paging through your bikes schematic every part on the bike broken down like Engine Transmission, Front Forks and so on. The Schematic will show how parts fit together. Now I advise buying a Manual for your Bike, That dealer you went to their Parts Dept sells them. The reason is you need the manual is to know the Torque Values on tightening all the Bolts and it has tons of Info. If you need more help try youtube Videos.

You can Buy all the Parts you need to restore the Front Forks. So make a Parts list, double check it. Hand it to the Parts Guy. Also I would use Screamin' Eaglel Fork Oil.

When I ask a Question and get a response like you did, "" everything is different inside """ I walk away. It's a Con job or they don't know what they are doing and I don't trust them.

You can Fix anything on that Bike. I know because I do it and I'm a Bank I.T. Sr. Project Manger not a Harley Davidson Mechanic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.