Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am looking to buy a HD again and was thinking about a Fatbob but then I saw this bike! I love it! Can someone who knows what they are looking at here run through the parts required and approximate cost? Also what is the best bike to start with to save on costs?

To me it looks like a Street Bob with denim paint
V&H Slash cuts
Screaming Eagle Breather ( A Heavy Breather is nice too)
La Pera Single seat
Rear Fender (which is it)
Progressive Rear Shocks
Mini Apes
Forward controls
Upgraded wheels. The front looks like a 21 inch 60 spoke? Is the rear wheel different?

Just to confirm do all Street bobs come with a 1584? Is this ok for this bike or am I better off with a 1690 Fatbob?

Thanks guys.

Attachments

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
I love it. What are they asking?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's not for sale. I just saw it when I googled images and I love it. Thinking of building one!

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
the new street bobs are 103 cubes-the older ones are 96

thats a easy build- some bolt on's and a rear fender cut

street bobs are a blank picture waiting to be painted- imho more than any other hd

as far as costs-no idea dont live on that side of the pond - if you have some mechanical ability you can save on labor

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
That's a Street Bob. I would imagine any Dyna would do though.

- Chopped rear fender
- V&H Big Radius exhaust with the header heat shields painted (done this myself before)
- Screamin Eagle open filter
- Burley or Progressive shocks
- LePera seat
- Roland Sands bars

And that's it. Pretty simple build.

-Rohan

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts
It's not for sale. I just saw it when I googled images and I love it. Thinking of building one!

Sorry, I'm a moron. Read it wrong. Good luck.

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
Like GET SERIOUS Dood !

·
Señor Member
19,803 Posts

·
Retired citizen
24,282 Posts
Not you ... the dood ! .:)

·
Registered
265 Posts
That is definitely a Street Bob! Compare it to mine. There a photo of it somewhere on the forum.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the replies guys!

So far I have:
Street Bob with denim paint
V&H Big Radius 2-2
Screaming Eagle Breather
Le Pera Bare Bones Seat
Rear Fender
Progressive Rear Shocks and front Springs
Mini Apes by Roland Sands.
Forward controls
21x3.5 Spoked Wheel with 120/70-21 Not Sure if it's a 60 or 80 spoke?
18 x5.5 200/55-18 Same on spokes?

Does that all sound right? I would put a small front fender on it too.

If I am going to do all this am i better off starting with a 96 to save cash then work it a bit or should I bite the bullet and get a 103 from the start?

·
Registered
42,143 Posts
I'd do 103 from the start. Whats the price difference?

·
Red and White
2,237 Posts
I wouldn't worry too much about the spokes. Your Street Bob will come with some nice spokes. That's just money you can save for something else.

-Rohan

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hi Rohan, I think the bike looks a bit soft with the stock wheels. It needs the bigger ones to make it look right to me.

·
Wayward Son
23,864 Posts
Hi Rohan, I think the bike looks a bit soft with the stock wheels. It needs the bigger ones to make it look right to me.
Are we talking wheels or tires. Just clarifying is all.

If you are for sure going with the Bare Bones seat. Spend the few extra $$$ and get it with the gel.
Have one for T~S. I have no miles on it yet. But people I have talked to say it is the best of both worlds when going with a minimalist seat.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the replies. I am going to wait for the right bike which is fairly close to it. Hopefully a Denim Street Bob with at least stage 1 with the intake and exhaust. That way i can slowly get the progressive shocks, big wheels, seat and apes and I would be nearly done. I can do the fender once I have the parts.

Someone said I could buy any Dyna and build one from that. Now that means a Street Bob, Wide Glide or Fatbob. Surely the Fatbob would be a harder to start with wouldn't it?

What difference would starting with the Wide Glide make to the look of the bike in the pic? Does a WG have wider front trees and more rake and that's it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts