Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a '99 Ultra Classic, fuel injection. It ran out of gas. Put a couple of gallons in it. It'll crack but won't start. Run switch is on, fuel pump pumps fuel and at a good stream.
Remedies?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I would certainly check the fuel pump fuse and EFI relay in the fuse block assembly. I'm not sure on your model if it's behind the right or left side panel. It sounds electrical related because you can squirt a little fuel in the throttle body and she fires and dies, the injectors aren't putting out.

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
I would start by checking the spark plugs. It's possible they fouled out when the bike ran out of fuel.

·
Just Ride
3,261 Posts
Put more gas in. It will run over 60 mph.

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Well if the OP comes back to read up he could check for codes, the procedure is a sticky in the electrical section.

·
Registered
829 Posts
One and done... Common courtesy should suggest that you at least acknowledge the effort and say thanks..... Don't people realize how hard it was to get accurate information and help about problems like this BEFORE the internet??

·
Registered
39,568 Posts
Don't people realize how hard it was to get accurate information and help about problems like this BEFORE the internet??
You mean you guys aren't just bots just waiting on standby for when a real person asks a question???? :what?

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Before the internet ? Oh ya I remember that !

·
Registered
39,568 Posts
Really not as long ago as it might seem....

From my recollection, the internet really didn't kick off until the late 90s

When I moved to KC in late 2000, all that was available was dialup!

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
I was on starting in '91 ! No local ISP so I was paying 5 cents per minute with a 14.4 dial up modem. FYI, there are still dial up providers too.

·
Registered
39,568 Posts
I realize there still are dial up providers..... but to be limited to dial up.... IN KC???? Nah.
We now have 1 Gbps up 1 Gbps down FIBER direct to the home here!

https://fiber.google.com/cities/kansascity/plans/

And yes, I was on the internet before the late 90's as well.
I was just saying that it didn't really take off till then!
As in not that many people were using it!

If you were, you were an early adopter.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Just think what we'd be doing if Al Gore hadn't "created the internet"..... :laugh:rollin

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
"High jacking a thread from a 1 poster is legal".

·
Between Eternities
845 Posts
It's great watching you two Wozniaks tell stories about pre-1991 Internet early adoption. Which one wants to confess to owning a set of Spock ears?

·
Registered
39,568 Posts
That wouldn't be me. I was in the Gulf in '91.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,331 Posts
I diagnosed my first gall bladder patient over the internet in 1982. It was dial up and before AOL. I think I had comp-u-serve and there were no graphics, just a black screen with orange letters.

·
Retired citizen
23,379 Posts
Took me more than 5 hours to download Netscape Navigator at 14.4 ! Another hour and a half to install it !

1 - 20 of 21 Posts