Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Harley Davidson flhtcui
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never had any brake issues before. I recently decided to have the tires replaced and after, my brakes are stiff as all can be. I can’t even begin to pull them back a inch and now they are hanging up a bit. When it’s cold it’s hard as hell for me to walk bike out of garage and when it’s warm I can move it around. Like I said they had a comfortable 1/2 inch to a inch before they grabbed and after new tires installed by HD the grab within a 1/16 of a inch pulled. So frustrated

·
Registered
113 Posts
I never had any brake issues before. I recently decided to have the tires replaced and after, my brakes are stiff as all can be. I can’t even begin to pull them back a inch and now they are hanging up a bit. When it’s cold it’s hard as hell for me to walk bike out of garage and when it’s warm I can move it around. Like I said they had a comfortable 1/2 inch to a inch before they grabbed and after new tires installed by HD the grab within a 1/16 of a inch pulled. So frustrated
Does the bike have ABS ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43,113 Posts
Does the bike have ABS ?
Not in 05.

I'd guess that the caliper pistons need cleaning.

Tutorial in the General Service @ Repair

·
Registered
2005 Harley Davidson flhtcui
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not in 05.

I'd guess that the caliper pistons need cleaning.

Tutorial in the General Service @ Repair

the thing that confuses me is it was fine before it went in for new tires and came out a completely different feel. How it goes from A-B so fast over a hour of me not driving it

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Most shops will push the brake pads and therfore the caliper pistons in to more easily allow removal and replacement of the wheel. If it's crudded up before this and not cleaned after it will bind. It's a quick and easy fix when the wheel is already off and a good tech should do that. Might try taking it back and see if they will comp you, if not per the manual and the link Kainam provided you can do it yourself.

Reactions: Justjoe
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.