Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
Ever ridden before?
What sort of riding do you plan on?
Shorter around town? Longer hauls? Combination?
Alone or with passenger?
What is your budget for the bike?
Any possible changes to the bike so it "fits" you better?

If you have ridden before then you know it can be/is physically demanding.
If not, then I will tell you now. It is.
Do yourself a favor.
Get in shape along with getting the bike.

·
Registered
10,473 Posts
Any advice on what kind of Harley I should get for a middle aged fat man that has a hard time throwing his leg over the seat
With all due respect, that question is like "What kind and size suit should I buy?"

Go visit one or more Harley dealerships, look around, touch them, sit on them (ask first!), ask questions, etc.

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
:laugh

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
Candyman for the WIN!!!!!!! One-Size-Fits-All
:think Might need to switch from buckets to a bench seat,
:dunno Just say`in.......

·
Outlaw
554 Posts
From one fat guy to another, take Joe's advice and head to a dealer and see what not only fits, but what speaks to you. That doesn't mean you have to buy from a dealer, it's just a chance to see what fits.

BTW, dieting sucks, my pants no longer fit and I still hate the treadmill, but damned if I don't feel better, especially after seeing Candyman's answer. LoL

·
Registered
649 Posts
I'd get the blue bike . . .

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
For the height challenged the various softtail frame is a good one. I assume that might be the same for someone whose flexibility is limited by size. But, as others have already said, you might want to provide a little more info so someone can help with recommendations. I certainly agree with going for a stroll through the dealer, but don't take you wallet just yet.

·
Noel
7,480 Posts
Zizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....Spppppppoooooooooolllllll..... Zizzzzzzzzzzzzz!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
For the height challenged the various softtail frame is a good one. I assume that might be the same for someone whose flexibility is limited by size. But, as others have already said, you might want to provide a little more info so someone can help with recommendations. I certainly agree with going for a stroll through the dealer, but don't take you wallet just yet.
fatboy
Not sure about that, my riding buddy is 6'2" /260lbs and has a soft tail and he can barely get his leg swung over it.Sometimes I think an elevator might be the best for him......:grin
Colt.45

·
Wayward Son
23,076 Posts
fatboy
Not sure about that, my riding buddy is 6'2" /260lbs and has a soft tail and he can barely get his leg swung over it.Sometimes I think an elevator might be the best for him......:grin
Colt.45
Height comes from two places or combination of them.
Legs/inseam, Or torso/waist up.

I am 6`3" with a 36" inseam.
Others may be as tall but lesser inseam more torso.

Might be your friend is just to tight in the hips to swing easy also. :dunno

·
Senior Flatulant
914 Posts

Or, just gettin' OLD like me ... Hips, knees, and back goin' out. No problem peeling my self off the bike but, in the near future, I may need a sling to get back on. :eek-surprise

Cheers,
Smoketown

·
Registered
1,364 Posts

Thunder
I think the last part is a lot of it. He is just sorta 'stove up' as well as getting a few years on him [he is 70] like Smoketown says. Seems like sometimes that bigger guys also get a little more stove up than some of us 'pee-wee' types :grin
Colt.45

1 - 19 of 19 Posts