Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2001 electra glide ultra classic and i had to replace my batt now it has trouble starting unless i twist the trottle ive checked for codes but they all say clear but the check engine light is on what would cause this??

·
Registered
5,197 Posts
Is the enrichment knob (choke) pulled out? How long has the bike been sitting? Is it carb or F.I.?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Did you replace the battery with one that has the correct specs? I'm only asking this because it wouldn't be the first time that a replacement was underpowered.

·
Retired citizen
24,125 Posts
i have a 2001 electra glide ultra classic and i had to replace my batt now it has trouble starting unless i twist the trottle ive checked for codes but they all say clear but the check engine light is on what would cause this??
If the engine light stays on indicates a current DTC, if the light goes out and comes back on intermittently indicates a stored historic code. First thing I would check are all the fuses under the left and right side covers. The ECM and fuel pump fuses are behind the right cover, the rest are behind the left cover.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts