Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greatings,

I have been lurking here for the past 6 months now. Actively reading for about a month now that the weather has turned and riding is good. Of course, this also means finding little things to fix on my ride. And I have found some great tips and information here so far. So thanks to all for what you post about and the tricks for fixing those little things.
My ride is a 2009 XL1200C. Bought it Sept. 2012. Love it so far. Only problem is, I want to do more too it than my budget will allow. And I am sure everyone else here has had that problem at least once.
My previous ride was a 1991 Kawasaki Vulcan 500. Great starter and commuter bike. Not so great for the longer rides. Which I suffered through for Rolling Thunder of last year. It was worth the trip, but made the choice for an upgrade all the more clear. So I did what I wanted, and got a much nicer ride.
I hope to spend many years reading and hopefully in the future helping. Thankfully I already have a good mechanical background from working on cars at a Sears shop for a few years. That at least gives me a solid idea on when to tackle the job myself, and when to seek help and advice. Not to mention the tools to do nearly anything I want already.

Enjoy the riding this season.

Drkcougar3

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
Welcome from south central VA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts