Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said I'd post picks of my new to me 05 Ultra so it she is.
I've had her a week now and already put on ISO grips, trigger levers an led brake light, run/stop/flash module, 6 inch smoked windshield and hog tune speakers. Oh yeah, I think we've had 2 nice days in the week so I managed about 200 miles.
I LOVE this bike!:ride
More mods to come...I love a clean canvas:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
What a beauty that new motorcycle is!! :dance :dance :dance
Congratulations! It must look just wild -- meaning VERY RED -- out on the road!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Nice bike 98,now come on over the bridge and ride with some NOVA Delinquents
this weekend we are going to Chantilly Va. for the gun show,wanna come along.

·
Steve
262 Posts
98, very nice bike. I'm going to be replacing my RKC sometime in the next year or so and am thinking about an ultra classic unless I can find a really clean Screaming Eagle Road King.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
I mentioned in another spot somewhere that my buddy rides an 05 Ultra also. He said to check your rear plug. It's real easy on your bike. He had bad valve guide seals and it would foul out his rear plug in no time flat. He just had it repaired and went up to a 95 at the same time. Harley covered the seal replacement. He also said not all the 05's have this unique (and crappy) design so I dont mean to bum you out. Just the opposite. Giving you a heads up.

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice bike 98,now come on over the bridge and ride with some NOVA Delinquents
this weekend we are going to Chantilly Va. for the gun show,wanna come along.
Thanks, love to but as of right now my weekends are tied up with work:mad:
Only been working weekends for 18 years or so...hoping that changes in the next month or two:cool:

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I mentioned in another spot somewhere that my buddy rides an 05 Ultra also. He said to check your rear plug. It's real easy on your bike. He had bad valve guide seals and it would foul out his rear plug in no time flat. He just had it repaired and went up to a 95 at the same time. Harley covered the seal replacement. He also said not all the 05's have this unique (and crappy) design so I dont mean to bum you out. Just the opposite. Giving you a heads up.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll check it out. One of the benefits of buying this bike was that it came with the transferable warranty so I'm covered until June of 2012:ride

·
Brett Crane
28 Posts
Your Ultra is way nice! I hope to have an Ultra one day. Got my bar hopper for now and saving for the tour machine. As far as mods the the ultra, the one thing i have seen that makes them stand out more than ANYTHING else is when you paint the inner fairing to match your tins and put chrome around the guages. Man... that is just beautiful! Congrats on the beautiful bike and enjoy riding her into the ground!

·
......My Title......
1,061 Posts
Very nice!!!

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Your Ultra is way nice! I hope to have an Ultra one day. Got my bar hopper for now and saving for the tour machine. As far as mods the the ultra, the one thing i have seen that makes them stand out more than ANYTHING else is when you paint the inner fairing to match your tins and put chrome around the gauges. Man... that is just beautiful! Congrats on the beautiful bike and enjoy riding her into the ground!
Chrome for the gauges are on the way, I'm gonna ask the guy that painted the Road King how much to paint the inner fairing.
This bike feels so much more natural to me. I always felt that I was too big for the King like I sat on it not in it, probably not but just felt like it to me.

·
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nice Bike!!! You headin to Myrtle this year? what happened to the 98RKC?
Gonna hit Myrtle but this time with the family week of June 21:eek:
Bike vacation this year is the 105/25 in Milwaukee.:ride
sold the 98RKC to a co-worker who I helped get his motorcycle license about 18 or so years ago.:cool:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts