Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's an '07 Dyna Wide Glide mostly stock. Two tone Black Cherry and Pewter Silver. I immediately put a fork bag on (you can't carry anything on it without something), and kept it that way for a few months. I wanted a set of Vance & Hines Big Radius pipes for it because it was sooo quiet. With my full coverage Bell helmet, once I got over 40 MPH I couldn't hear it at. But being a poor boy from NC I couldn't afford them so a friend said "Cut the baffles out." I was very skeptical but after another month of thought, we did it. It doesn't look any better but I can now hear it running. When I changed the primary case oil I installed a "Live to Ride, Ride to Live" derby cover...the one with the gold eagle on it. A few weeks later I put a gold "Live to Ride" gas cap on to match the derby cover. The only other thing is a set of Harley Davidson Motor Co. front axle nut covers.

·
Old Member
2,896 Posts
I've had a couple of Dyna Wide Glides and they are a very good looking and handling bike,congrats.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I may be a little biased ;) but I think the Wide Glide is one of the nicest bikes Harley ever made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dyna's FXDWG

I'm right there with you JaysonL. I think they are the best looking bikes too. Long and lean without all the crap. Kind'a like a hot rod car. A guy at the local dealership said that Harley would most likely re-introduce the Wide Glide in about 5 years after interest rose up again.

·
Registered
39,504 Posts
The WideGlide has taken a temporary hiatus a few times in the past, and has always came back.

·
COB
1,984 Posts
The WideGlide has taken a temporary hiatus a few times in the past, and has always came back.
You work over on N Congress?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts