Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of an 07 Heritage. My problem is that my highway lights are tilted downward. The flange that the light sits on is in the wrong angle. I undid the turn signals thinking that the bolt holding the light on was on the underside but found that wasn't the case. Can anyone direct me on how to loosen the light so I can adjust the flange so I can raise the light?

Sheri

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sheri,

I can't help you with your question but I am wondering how you like the Heritage. I am currently overseas in Afghanistan and was planning on buying a Fatboy but am considering switching to the Heritage. I'm bumping up from a 1971 Honda CB 450 so I am a little concerned about the weight of the bike. Overall how do you feel about the Heritage though?

Jim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sheri
Remove the chrome trim rings and glass (same as if you were to replace the bulbs), and you will see the nut located inside behind the bulb/reflector assembly which needs to be loosened for you to adjust. I also found the best way to set them is with someone of similar weight to yourself sitting on the bike (not leaning on stand) while you adjust, then step back about 20' to get the angles just the way you want them...which may take about 10-15 trips back and forth, but once you set them (remember, this is probablyone of the best "they will see you coming features" if they are angled correctly), re-tighten the nut and they shouldnt move again.

Best of luck,
Jim

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim, I love the Heritage. I had her for 9 weeks and already put 9000 miles on her. She's a really sweet ride. I'm 5'1" and have no problem with the weight. It's a well balanced bike. I switched from a Honda 1300 VTX and feel that even though this bike is a bit heavier, it's not as top heavy.
Sheri

·
Registered
28 Posts
WOW 9000 Miles in nine weeks. Thats alot of riding.
Easy and pure fun to do on a Heritage. Well.....easy to WANT to do it. Finding the time is the tough part for me. I've only got 2500 miles on mine in a little over 1 1/2 months. I plan on riding it right through the winter however as long as road conditions permit.

·
Registered
4 Posts
OK I have the same problem. I just picked up a 09 Heritage and the spot lights are angled down. Is this how they are supposed to be or is there a standard for adjusting them. Manual talks about headlight but not the spot lights.

Also if there is no standard any recommendations for correct placement would be great!

Thanks in advance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts