Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if there is a aftermarket handlebar that is an exact match to a late model Heritage Softail Classic that would fit on a 2014 Street Glide?

I am having severe wrist pain with the stock bars on my Street Glide and I know it is caused by the angles and pull back of the stock bar.

My previous bike was a 2008 Heritage Softail with a stock 2009 Heritage bar on it and I had no issues with that bar. So...

I would like to come up with a configuration that matches the bar of the Heritage but fits on the Street Glide but hopefully not have to change out cables, clutch and brake lines.

Second problem; anyone know if there are adjustable clutch levers for the 2014 Street Glide?

Any ideas?

·
Registered
11,040 Posts
It is very common for a Road Glide to change to the "Heritage" style bars--gives a little more height and a little more pullback. Did it on my '13 RG and it solved the aching shoulders I used to have after less than an hour on the slab.

Will it work and do the job on a Street Glide? I mean, RG and SG have different fairings but otherwise almost the same bike. Check at your HD service dept.

When I had mine changed just about a year ago the dealer had the Heritage style bars in stock--$79.95 I think. Charged me one hour labor to change the bars--BUT I had to buy the extender for the green thingy and that was $100. Have heard guys say there are bundles of connections inside the fairing and you can shift things around and not need to buy the extender but my dealer changed the bars without removing the fairing so the extender was needed.

Hope this helps.

·
*Senior Member*
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think the wiring would be a problem but the hydraulic clutch line and the brake lines are my concern with respect to lengthening them. I would like to avoid that project or expense.

And I will have to see if the service dept. knows of any handlebars that match the Heritage bars as a replacement for my stockers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts