Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has ideas about this problem with my dyna. It stock, 1998, over 100k miles. Has new primary chain. I have a good friend who tips the scales to 300 lbs. The bike doesnt bottom out, but insiide the primary inside make a whining noise and just generally makes strained mechanically noises. The shock are set stiff, the beft drive with us both on doesnt feel super tight. Do you think super heavy duty shocks..or loosen primary chain? I havent tried either. What do you think. Im not carrying passenger because of it right now. Anpy ideas? And please no fat jokes. Thanks.

·
Poser Member # 99
18,144 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

check belt tension for adjustment when your sitting overloaded on bike could be causing your whine.

Have a salad

I'm 285 so I have room to talk

·
American
28,694 Posts
Welcome from Indiana.

·
Banned
71 Posts
I was wondering if anyone has ideas about this problem with my dyna. It stock, 1998, over 100k miles. Has new primary chain. I have a good friend who tips the scales to 300 lbs. The bike doesnt bottom out, but insiide the primary inside make a whining noise and just generally makes strained mechanically noises. The shock are set stiff, the beft drive with us both on doesnt feel super tight. Do you think super heavy duty shocks..or loosen primary chain? I havent tried either. What do you think. Im not carrying passenger because of it right now. Anpy ideas? And please no fat jokes. Thanks.
With that mileage , I'd be looking at final drive output shaft bearings .

·
Indian Larry
9,198 Posts
Welcome from north Texas!
Your "friend" should take you to the Harley shop and buy you a new bike. He (or she) has OBVIOUSLY caused a problem.

·
luv the low country
20,328 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts