Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey can you do me a favor?, this question had me going with a buddy of mine to pick up a shovelhead chopper. My buddy had his hand in a cast and needed me to ride this beast back home for him
(212miles). The bike was a hard tail, suicide shifter, poor mans Capt America. Of course it's a kicker and loud as all hell. I haven't ridden but a couple of bikes with the suicide shifter and I don't recommend them to the timid or experienced. How anyone rides these hardtails is beyond me, the ride was brutal and I felt every bump and crack on the interstate. This thing was a 12" over with no front brake and hardly any back brake. It surprised me how good the motor ran and with every roll of the throttle people were looking in the rear view mirrors to see what was making all this noise. To any newbie thinking of hardtail frames and suicide shifters, forget about it, you will be miserable if not dead.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
But the BADASSSSSSS factor goes way up on a sled like that!!!!!

·
Flat Land Redneck
2,765 Posts
Hey can you do me a favor?, this question had me going with a buddy of mine to pick up a shovelhead chopper. My buddy had his hand in a cast and needed me to ride this beast back home for him
(212miles). The bike was a hard tail, suicide shifter, poor mans Capt America. Of course it's a kicker and loud as all hell. I haven't ridden but a couple of bikes with the suicide shifter and I don't recommend them to the timid or experienced. How anyone rides these hardtails is beyond me, the ride was brutal and I felt every bump and crack on the interstate. This thing was a 12" over with no front brake and hardly any back brake. It surprised me how good the motor ran and with every roll of the throttle people were looking in the rear view mirrors to see what was making all this noise. To any newbie thinking of hardtail frames and suicide shifters, forget about it, you will be miserable if not dead.
That's way more than my old bones could stand. Could you see him smiling in the truck? Years ago a brother had a pan hardtail with suicide shift. It was a beautiful bike. But like you said, it ain't for everybody. :)

·
Outlaw Nipple Poster
2,872 Posts
Well, in my mind, hardtail shoveler chopper would be more for "show" than "go"...within reason. 200+ miles? ef that.

·
South GA Redneck
3,898 Posts
Agreed... Hard tails aren't for the long rides, but they are sooooo cool!!! Here's a sporty I built. It doesn't ride that bad, but after about 50 miles, its time for a pit stop!! Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Hardtails are not for wussies

1 - 12 of 12 Posts