Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,

I am originally from Los Angeles but travel back and forth to Arizona for school. While home in L.A. I like to ride but am fairly new to the motorcycle scene. Several years back my father and I rebuilt a 1987 Honda Magna that a family friend totaled. After the friend went out and bought a new bike that weekend, he gave my father and I the old bike given that we took it off his property.

I took the California Motorcycle Safety Program and got my license probably about two years ago, give or take, and have been learning on the '87 Honda Magna when home from school. Since I am not home in L.A. for more than maybe 5 months a year, I do not have much experience.

That being said, I'd like to improve my skills, motorcycle knowledge, and eventually upgrade to a Harley. I am here to learn from those far more experienced than myself and maybe some day I'll be able to contribute something of my own. Thanks for having me and I'm happy to be here.

·
Old Scooter Tramp
1,367 Posts
Welcome from SW Oklahoma! Those magna's were good lil bikes, good one for you to learn on.

Good luck on your search for the scoot. When you decide to pull the trigger, go and ride a few of them, and you will know which one is the one for you.

Keep is updated and enjoy your stay. Lots of great folks on here and can answer any questions you may have that you couldn't find in the search.

·
2,327 Posts
Glad to have you..You'll learn lots on this forum. Welcome from New Hampshire.

·
Poser Member # 99
18,339 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

The old Honda is a good bike to learn on their light and good maneuvering bike.If you drop it a few time your not out a lot. Empty parking lots are a good place to practice turns and take offs and stops with out traffic to worry about

Good luck and practice practice practice.........:thumbsup

·
Registered
219 Posts
Hello from Syracuse NY. Good for you making a smart choice learning how to ride and getting road experience on a bike that's very good to learn on. When my middle son was 17,(12 years ago) he said "Dad, I want to learn how to ride, I've saved some money and will you help me pick out a crotch rocket." My response, abso effing not. I will buy you your first learner bike and that's the bike you will use until I feel you have advanced enough to start thinking about a bigger faster bike. I bought him a Honda Shadow 450 and he rode that for about 2 seasons told me he was ready to move up. I asked him what he had in mind and he said Yamaha VSTAR 1100 custom. And that's what he bought.

·
Registered
13,193 Posts
Greetings from Central Coast .

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from central Florida.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts