Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Live, Laugh, Ride!
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found this forum and am looking forward to logging in regularily to learn and share. Been riding my own for about 2 1/2 years - waited a long time for this and am savoring every mile. It's a dream come true to me, after holding it close to my heart since high school. I took the MSF course in Sept. 2006, bought my 2007 XL1200L in Oct. 2006, and have ridden almost 26,000 miles so far. That includes a solo round-trip ride between GA and MN last summer. My kids are grown, I work shift work and have several days off during the month, so ride as much as possible. Living in GA is definitely condusive to riding year 'round, although the 30 mph wind gusts and 28 degree temps are keeping me off the bike today! I am absolutely addicted to riding and ride for hours at a time. The only thing that hurts when I get off the bike are my smile muscles! Am considering moving up to a larger bike, thinking about a Road King. Will have to have it lowered, etc. to fit my height and reach, though. Won't give up the Sportster, it's mine for keeps! Would appreciate any thoughts, comments, opinions about moving to a bigger bike.

·
Out Riding
477 Posts
Hello and welcome from Arizona.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Welcome -

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome from Mass. moving up, do what makes you happy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
welcome

I am a newbie to fourm also. Have worked at a dealership rode many bikes. The roadking is by far the best cruising/hop it up and ride. I have a softail and also am looking to upgrade to the king.

·
Banned
655 Posts
Glad your keeping the Sportster. Welcome to the forum. In March I will be riding that way to go to Florida. Glad to have you here.

·
I break stuff.
1,669 Posts
Welcome to our lil' corner of the Inner'nets! Your dealer should be able to offer up a demo to take out... see how it feels.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

1 - 13 of 13 Posts