Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I'm from the center of the Appalachian mountain chain currently living in a little town called Wise, Va. with my wife Kim and son Alex. I'm 52 right now and been riding since I was 12 years old. My first scoot was a little yellow Yamaha 80 complete with street legal lights and everything else. I loved it and never stopped riding both dirt and street. the day I got my drivers license at 16 I turned right around marched back into the courthouse and turned those in so I could get my motorcycle license.
I've owned a lot of bikes in my life and in 1990 got my first ever Harley which I still own, a basic black sportser, and I've also got a 2005 Softtail Deluxe which my wife allowed me to buy as a graduation gift when I got out of University of Louisville's graduate program in technical theater and production.
I'm more than happy to speak with anyone about rides around these mountains as well as hook you up with some buds I've been out west with. Regularly did the run to the wall in DC, Boozy Creek in Kingsport, tn, Cherokee, in the Carolinas, and Chilicothie in Ohio for many years although i'm slacking off a little more these days because of my work schedule. just holler at me!
right now i'm going to try head over to the battery thread I saw cause i'm wondering about this original softtail battery which is still going strong...:)

·
Super Moderator
4,354 Posts
Greetings from Eastern Va. and welcome to the forum!

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Breaker of Things
3,358 Posts
Welcome from SE Oklahoma!!! Lots of great ppl/info on here!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you all very much for welcoming me! I'm looking forward to reading thru some of the older threads and meeting some new people. I am fairly close to Princeton WV and spent 4 years up in Louisville...!

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Welcome to the site bennyray ...

·
2009 Softail Custom
294 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida. My brother used to ride Hwy 16 and up that way and he loved it. I have a Softail Custom and I only get about two years out of a battery down here.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire. Nice intro.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts