Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here and new to the bike scene. my last kid just moved out so i can buy toys for me now. I bought a 2005 XL883 and just ride for fun. I hav'nt been on a bike in 30 years. This bike is a blast to ride and it sure turns heads. You guys seem to know just about everything about harleys, so maybe you can get me up to speed. Look forward to chattin with you guys and gals.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was told i needed to take the baffles out of my pipes, would that make a difference?

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
When i got the bike it had the stock pipes on it, i put the drag pipe slip-ons on it

·
COB
1,984 Posts
No fair keeping the problem super-secret.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was running rich with the stock pipes to. I think the guy i bought it from just bought the carb and put it on himself.

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx Bodyman

U have a nice bike, maybe we can learn some things on here. Lord knows i don't know much about harleys. Welcome aboard.:)

·
Super Moderator
4,676 Posts
Welcome!

HAHa, felt like digging up old stuff, bored at work today. I didn't know they had the Internet back then :)

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something don't seem right, who was i talkin to....seems like some posts are missin.

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Hey Zeta,

What part of Florida? I was in Orlando when I had the transmission shop. I sure miss it this time of year. . . . all year :)

·
Fla Cajun
25,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey Zeta,

What part of Florida? I was in Orlando when I had the transmission shop. I sure miss it this time of year. . . . all year :)
Lakeland

·
Glad to be anywhere
4,335 Posts
Practically neighbors.

I know Lakeland. I liked it.

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Good one ematicic. At first I thought it was Zeta joking around.
Zeta sounds just like a newby don't he?

Reactions: scspartan
1 - 20 of 25 Posts