Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to your forum. I'm in Columbus, Ohio, sitting at work on a perfect fall day and wishing I was out on my bike! I have an '01 Fat Boy that I lucked into last year, its previous owner never had time to ride and it had less than a thousand miles on it when I bought it.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey Harleygirl55,

Welcome to the forum! This is a work safe site so enjoy your stay here. Great score on the Fat Boy.

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
Welcome to the most wonderful little HD fan site around. We look forward to hearing from you. The gentlemen around here have vast knowledge, expertise and sense of humor. Enjoy!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks both of you! I'm happy to be here. I look forward to picking up lots of info on riding and on big bikes in general, from those more knowledgeable riders out there. I've ridden for about 10 years but on smaller bikes (Suzuki, Sportster and Dyna before this one) and am still getting to know my new ride.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fat Boy vs. Dyna

Yeah, the feel of the ride is completely different. The Fat Boy despite its size and greater weight is very smooth in maneuvering and a very smooth ride. The Dyna I had--a Low-Rider--had also been lowered to accommodate its previous owner who was 5'2". Despite being so low to the ground it wasn't as easy to handle even as the Sportster I traded for it, and it vibrated a whole lot more. Not a bad thing til I was 50 miles or so into a long ride, then it would start to make my hands go numb. All in all, I really love my Fat Boy.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Welcome Harley Girl,

I have a 08 Dyna, and love it. I looked at the Fat Boy, but wanted something closer to my sportster, with more horsepower. The fatboy is a great bike, hope you enjoy. and welcome

·
Registered
2 Posts
Greetings from North Carolina. I'm new to the site also. I too have ridden japanese bikes in the past and have always wanted to own a Harley. My brother has a Road King Custom and loves it and has finally talked me into buying my first Harley. I'm torn between several models for different reasons and was hoping to get some feedback from anyone on these models. The Superglide, Lowrider, Fat Boy and Heritage Softail Classic.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome aboard Harleygirl 55, I'm a newbie here myself. Been riding for over 30 years but just bought my first Harley and loving every minute of it. Got a good deal on a 2000 Dyna Convertible with only 14000 miles on it. So I really don't know what I'm missing on the other Harleys for a ride but sure I'll find out as time goes by. Once again welcome.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks all you guys, I definitely have been made to feel right at home here ;-)

To Ben--if I were you, if you have the time and money, try to ride at least 3 or 4 of the bikes you're interested in before purchasing. The dealerships, at least the ones here, usually have days a few times a year where you can try out a bike provided you have your endorsement and all the safety gear. I didn't do that first, got too caught up in having to have a bike NOW ;-) Each model has a totally different ride, seems like! The Dyna I bought was really a show bike, but not the most comfortable ride. And I still want to try out a couple of other models someday.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts