Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all need help with a problem that i have when i apply my front brake rear brake light stays on ive check the brake it self and all works fine ive bleed and cleaned lines and calapers out and the brake cyliner when i put back on the bike it works fine untill i put brake fliud in thats when i hanve the problem its a xl sportster single calaper help please if anyone knows what the problem can be all bubbles are out of the brake line ty jason

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sounds like the break switch to me. If you look where your break lever meets the handlebar clamp (the area where the lever pivots from), there is a small "plunger" style switch there. Clean it up & wiggle the plunger around. It's a simple switch, out=breaklight on, in=breaklight off. If you wiggle it & your light starts flashing with the motion, it may be time to replace the switch.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yep that works fine if i put the brake liver back on it works ok but when i put fluid in it stops and the lever dont come all the way out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
what ive done is check that nipple works fine if i push in light goes off its like theres no presure focing the lever back out but only when i put the brake fliud in empty it works fine and light goes of full and bleed it stays on

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gotchya! Try hitting the res plunger area with some wd-40 & see if that loosens up the lever enough to allow it to sit in the proper "resting" position. If not, maybe time for a new res? That's my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts