Harley Davidson Forums banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Awesome video! Very clear and step by step... One question though... I have heard that just after new oil is added into the engine, you should drain out a verrry small amount to ensure the release of any air bubbles that might be in the case. Is this true?

·
Banned
85 Posts
Dude...slide some foil under the filter before you pull it....no mess, no fuss.....also if you fire up the bike for 10 seconds, you will be amazed at how much more oil comes out.

·
Banned
85 Posts
Awesome video! Very clear and step by step... One question though... I have heard that just after new oil is added into the engine, you should drain out a verrry small amount to ensure the release of any air bubbles that might be in the case. Is this true?
hey dude........ have you ever seen air bubbles go down a tube ? I think not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
One other thing to ensure you are getting as much old oil out as possible is:
1: Keep the bike idling while your draining your oil, at the same time be sure to add NEW oil in as the bike as running so that the old oil in the sump is being pushed out of the drain.
2: When you see you're new oil coming through the drain, shut the motor off and then remove the filter, replace it, and add your additional oil in. Add as needed.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts