Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined this group,been on the V-rod group for awhile.
Just giving a little info here on myself.

Just recovering from a wreck were a cage pulled out in front of me in August.
Totaled my '05 VTX1300C.I also have a '86 Yammi XJ700 Maxim X.
Back when I was YOUNG I had a '48 FL

Now I've been out,hobbling on crutches,looking into a new bike,this time I'm thinking HD, and the Rods have really gotten my attention :) especially the night rod.BUT last week my bro and I went to another stealer and saw a gorgeous Dyna Glide, '07 96 c.i 6 speed with TONS of chrome for a tad over 16k out the door..its soooo tempting! I like the idea of the liquid cooled :ride
my H**** had that plus drive shaft,but I hear belt drive is fine also.

Now I'm having a difficult time deciding..dyna..rod..dyna..rod..dyna..rod :confused:
Rods are a few more bucks..anyone lucky enough to have or ridden both of these bikes?? I guess thats what I really need to do when my leg allows me.
I'll be lurking in the shadows..

Jim

·
On a ride
4,996 Posts
Jim, Both the Night Rod and Dyna Glide are OUSTANDING. Gonna stay out of recommending either one, and suggest you just take a test ride if you can, or a one day rental. I have a friend who's never thought about owning a big twin, and took a Dyna out for a test ride this past week. Now he's smitten with the thing and trying to figure out how to get one.

Sooooo, I'll just offer a BIG welcome to this place. Glad you're here.

·
Livn' On Bonus Years
155 Posts
First thing I would like to say; 'Welcome'

I would suggest spending a couple of days and a couple of hundred dollars to rent one of each for a day. Take for a long ride attempting to experience in-town, back roads, highways and especially the mountains.

This way you get develop your own personal opinion. I for one and many here and on other boards bought a Dyna and shorlty thereafter longed for a more comfortable ride. Needless to say within 6 months I sold the Dyna (which I thought was an exceptional bike by the way) and bought a Road King after test riding a friends. I have reached the age where comfort outweighs cool.

I would also suggest trying a Road King or any other touring bike as well if you do a lot of riding.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts