Harley Davidson Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am a Brit biker living in Goa India (Wife Indian so get to live here visa free, handy for work) about to get a new Street Bob in a few weeks. I have spent 47 years as a Licenced aircraft engineer working world wide now semi-retired just do some inspections and such for banks and leasing companies. Keeps the beer fund topped up and petrol for the bike.

Driving and riding can be a challange thats for sure but I enjoy it.

I rode a 1973 Triumph Trident in UK (see "oddjob1952" you tube last ride out then I had to sell her shame) but could not bring it with me when we moved to Goa. So being 63 and a bit on the large side and not wanting a Royal Enfield Harley it is. Had a test ride on the street 750 ok-ish but went for the Street Bob, should arriive in a few weeks. looking forward to it.

Ken

·
MPG'S? Who gives a
9,925 Posts
Hey Ken

Congrats ! & Welcome to the Forum ! "Street Bob's " a nice bike .

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Welcome from Arkansas. You'll enjoy that 'Bob. Be careful riding over there in India; from what I've seen on video there are some sure enough whacked out drivers in that area of the world!

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Congrats on the new bike post some pics when you get her. And welcome to the forum from N.Y.

·
2,327 Posts
Welcome to the forum from New Hampshire. Congrats on the bike!

·
Black Velvet Elvis
169 Posts
Welcome from Apollo, PA. Definitely send some pics of your new ride. :bikerguy:

·
luv the low country
20,338 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC. Congratulations.

·
Banned
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My UK ride until I had to sell her

This was my Trident that I carried out a 100% re-build on, they are more a bike to "ride like you stole it" then long distance, however a friend did the Iron butt rally (2011 I think) on a 1969 trident and finished, having done all lower 48 states. He was the "No hoper" at the start. One Offical said you can call me Sally if he makes it, well hello Sally!!

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome to the crew! Good folks and info here.
Enjoy your new ride.
Ps LOVE good Indian food...used to work in London and could get some killer Indian food...one time I made the mistake of ordering a real vindaloo...lol...

·
old scoot coot
4,885 Posts
Hi, I am a Brit biker living in Goa India (Wife Indian so get to live here visa free, handy for work) about to get a new Street Bob in a few weeks. I have spent 47 years as a Licenced aircraft engineer working world wide now semi-retired just do some inspections and such for banks and leasing companies. Keeps the beer fund topped up and petrol for the bike.

Driving and riding can be a challange thats for sure but I enjoy it.

I rode a 1973 Triumph Trident in UK (see "oddjob1952" you tube last ride out then I had to sell her shame) but could not bring it with me when we moved to Goa. So being 63 and a bit on the large side and not wanting a Royal Enfield Harley it is. Had a test ride on the street 750 ok-ish but went for the Street Bob, should arriive in a few weeks. looking forward to it.

Ken
welcome ken from se kansas. congrats on the new scoot. we all know you will enjoy it. have fun and be happy. this little fat guy on the black harley looks like me. tommy:biking

1 - 20 of 20 Posts