Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, new to the forum. Thought I'd introduce myself. Formerly a Honda rider, I finally scraped up enough scratch to step into the Harley World. First purchase is a Chopper project. Guy I work with had dissected a '99 sportster to lend parts and motor to rigid chopper. He didn't get too far past the disassembly of a perfectly good Harley. I bought both bikes and am in the process of putting back the 883 to sell. Then it's on to find a 1200 donor for the chopper. I graduated from MMI and then joined the Air Force so I mechanically able, just might need help getting acquainted with Harley parts and lingo. Appreciate anyone willing to lend an ear.

·
Just passing thru
6,636 Posts
Hey Man,
Glad you found this place I'm sure you can add alot to this place. Feel free to ask away. How was MMI?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MMI was good at the time. I took the 10 month basic course back in '96. I don't know if the manufacturer specific course would have been worth the extra money, esp since I ended up following a different path soon after. Nowadays I am half way to finishing my military career. I enjoy working on my own rides and not paying labor rates at the dealer.

·
Curmudgeon
7,039 Posts
Welcome if yiu need help this is the place

·
Registered
39,472 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
283 Posts
Welcome from San Marcos, Tejas.
Gateway to the Hill Country & Devil Backbone.
Gotta love them Wide Glide's

·
Registered
15 Posts
Welcome, and Hi back at you from Northern NJ, damn cold right now, good time for projects.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings from Illinois. I too am new to the forum. I have been riding on two wheels for 52 years starting with a 1948 doodlebug with Briggs &Stratton motor, then to a 1956 whizzer model 700, then was shamed into buying a Cushman Eagle so I would look like the "Big Boy" riders. I also bought a 1965 250 Harley Sprint H which I used to practice hill climbing with. After my tour, I bought a 1966 Triumph 650 TR6C and and 1969 I bought a TR3 750 Trident (thats right the ugly green one with the "flash gorden" mufflers). In "78" I bought a Honda GSL 1000 Goldwing (don't knock it, I was getting older and needed a smoother ride). In 1990 I bought and rebuilt a 1972 TR6 650 Triumph which I still have today. In 2006 I bought the scooter I am riding now which is a 1990 Heritage Softail (why? because it was cheap and the guy needed the money quick to get away from his ex). I ride bodaciously with a passion and year round as long as I can get my bike up my drive way out of the timber where I live and if the roads are clear. I plan on ridding on two wheels all the way to hell, God will'in and the creek don't rise.

Those who can do, DO
Those who can't do, TEACH
Those who can do both, RIDE FREE

From the Creek to all of you, Peace and Ride Free

·
I {Heart} Hookers.
31,321 Posts
Joisey.........:D

Welcome from Eastern PA.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome; next time I visit McGuire I plan on riding the 81 Lowrider and do some touring. You found a great site in this forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts