Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2013 HD FXDC used (Vivid Black). Not my first bike but my first Harley. I have been riding since I was 11 years old, starting with small Hondas and owned a few smaller street bikes and dirt bikes in my late teens and early adulthood. I sold my last one when I got married and went without for about 22 years. I got back into Motorcycle riding about 5 years ago with a Suzuki C50 Boulevard and then a Kawasaki 1600 Vulcan Classic.

I am really enjoying the FXDC. It handles much better than the Kawasaki and seems more responsive. I have been wanting a Harley for a long time but didn't think I could afford one. Mine came with a Windshield, Engine Guard, Floor boards and Leather windshield bag. I have since added a detachable docking set up for a Back rest, Luggage rack and added a Sundowner Seat for longer rides but I will keep my stock seat for local rides as it sits lower and looks better in my opinion.

I mainly use the bike for pleasure only as I cannot use it for work and have a truck to drive on a daily basis. I ride mainly 50-100 miles at a time, taking rides in the country. Luckily, we have a great number of beautiful winding roads near by which I can just go out and release some stress. I want to make some longer rides in the near future when the weather permits.

I have been lurking at this Forum site since purchasing the bike and have learned a lot about my bike. I hope to be able to meet some other like interested friends and have a source to refer to when I have questions on my bike.

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,466 Posts
Welcome aboard from the South Coast of Mississippi.

·
Registered
7,411 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Virginia. Plenty of good folks and good information here.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Welcome to the HDF!!!

We have a forum Meet and Greet in Eureka Springs AR, if you are so inclined.

·
luv the low country
19,251 Posts
Welcome from Conway, SC.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Good intro. Got any pictures of your bike?

Welcome from Kansas

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks to all for the kind welcome!

2stangs8689: When is the Meet and greet being held? Eureka Springs, AR would probably be about 5-6 hours away from me but certainly doable.

AZ DesertDweller: I lived in AZ for 30 years from early 70's to early 2000's, mostly in Mesa and Chandler. I just got back from there yesterday visiting my family. I miss it but it must be a challenge riding the bikes there now with all the traffic.

MadMack: I will post some pictures as soon as I can figure out how to upload them from my phone. I need to figure out how to post an Icon photo as well.

I look forward to contributing to this forum and helping others when I can as I have been helped.

·
The Angry One
10,578 Posts
Thanks to all for the kind welcome!

2stangs8689: When is the Meet and greet being held? Eureka Springs, AR would probably be about 5-6 hours away from me but certainly doable.

If you click the link, it should take you to the page. If not, go into the Rides and Rallies sub forum, and you will see the post for the Collision 2015.

We have folks coming from all over the country, Florida, California, New York, Illinois and everywhere in between, and even including Alberta, Ontario Canada.

http://www.harley-davidsonforums.com/#/forumsite/20763/topics/173058

Hopefully the link works.

·
Harley Rider
10,488 Posts
Welcome from College Station, TX.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts