Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are HIDs even an option?

I've searched here and on other sites all to no end. The only thing that comes close to it is on a few crotch rockets...

Are all the lights computer controlled on the new Sporties? or can you plug and play most lights when you're converting to LEDs etc?

I'm just curious, as I've got several friends that drive Ford trucks, and they say doing an HID conversion is plug and play. Of course I drive Dodges (and a VW) which all have some sort of CANBUS system that has the computer controlling anything that even remotely resembles a light.

Plug and play I may do, but I am pretty sure I'm won't bother to fight with a CANBUS type of system.

Exco

·
Registered
581 Posts
I have HIDs on my bike. Work great. Have some for sale too if you need them. Send me Message if interested

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the quick replies.

Do either of you have a link to where I can find a "set up"? I'm kind of curious to what is included with the kit.

I'm not ready to buy, yet, but I'll give you a shout when I get to that point. I still have a few things to do that I consider "must have" before I start working on the "I want" list.

Exco

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
I have HID lights in 3 bikes and 2 cars. Ordered all from China direct. Google HID headlight kits and have a look around. Literally hundreds of sources are found for them. Direct from the manufacturer.

·
Registered
581 Posts
+1 for SoCal. That's where I've bought all my HIDs for my bikes. Work great. Reliable.

.…...........................................

"I'd rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle"

·
The Extreme Member
1,477 Posts
+1 for SoCal

I have the HID system on my Electra Glide

·
Methhead
2,574 Posts
Another +1 for SoCal. I've had mine for over a year and they're working flawlessly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts