Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HID from RM lighting on my 02 Classic. THe person i bought the bike from put it on, and it was adjust strieght down. Can anyone give me an idea on how it should be adjusted.

The way I have it adjusted right now i'm not really happy with it because i cant see very well on the dark highway and the high beam shines up in the trees. The instuctions say the high beam is for flashing or signaling on coming traffic.

Thanks

AJ

·
Registered
411 Posts
If you remove the trim ring around the headlight, you will findtwo sprung adjustment screws, one for vertical and one for lateral. Screw away!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have adjusted it to the best of my knowledge. I dont know how far it is supposed to project without blinding oncoming traffic. right now i have it adjusted a little higher the the low beam should be. Should it be set higher?

Do you have HID on your bike? does it look like you have your high beams on all the time?

Thanks

AJ

·
Registered
411 Posts
I dont, but it sure put out light! Do the spot on the wall test from about 15 ft - should get you in the ballpark!
If not, you'll just be the flood light!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an HID from RM lighting on my 02 Classic. THe person i bought the bike from put it on, and it was adjust strieght down. Can anyone give me an idea on how it should be adjusted.

The way I have it adjusted right now i'm not really happy with it because i cant see very well on the dark highway and the high beam shines up in the trees. The instuctions say the high beam is for flashing or signaling on coming traffic.

Thanks

AJ
AJ i have had the RM in my 94 ultra for 5 years and love it. i have it adjusted so i can see about 60 feet in front and can see the squirrels in the trees on my right. never have had a oncoming car blink me and my brother likes it because he can Ride in front of me and see the road without me blinding him.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input. I guess i'll just have to play with it a little more.

AJ

·
Road Glide
348 Posts
Look in the shop manual or your owners hand book if you have it. That tells you how to adjust the stock lamp. I think the distance from a wall is about 30 feet. I adjusted my FLH and it made a big difference as it was set wy too low, but I'm useing the stock lamp. HID's throw out a different beam pattern, so it's going to be a try it and see which may take several attempts.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts