Harley Davidson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys , I have an 07 ultra classic from which I am only getting 24 miles to the gallon . Plugs are correct color. I’m sure I should be getting more miles to the gallon . I get 120 ish miles before the fuel light comes on . Any body else have this problem before or can somebody suggest any fixes . Bike is fully standard.
TIA Robb

·
Mississippi Cajun
24,211 Posts
Have to ask, but how do you ride it? If you are heavy handed and like to blast off at every start and wind up to redline on each gear change, you might find that to be the problem. Just a place to start.

·
American
26,343 Posts
Is tank full when starting out? How many gallons do you normally get in the tank (at fill up) when fuel light is on?

·
Wayward Son
23,216 Posts
Also....amount of stuff normally carried.
Are you normally riding solo?
Your size?

·
Registered
4,925 Posts
I have an '07 Electra Glide with a few mods. I get 39-42 mpg on the highway. I got 24 mpg on the first tank after I installed the cams. Then my wrist calmed down. You need to measure several tanks & riding conditions to get accurate results.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
I've got an '07 Ultra CVO (110 inch) with some mods and like Breeze I get 39 - 42 mpg. Start by following Schmidty's advice and clean the throttle body up real good. Be sure your air filter is clean too.

·
Retired citizen
22,896 Posts
Hi guys , I have an 07 ultra classic from which I am only getting 24 miles to the gallon . Plugs are correct color. I’m sure I should be getting more miles to the gallon . I get 120 ish miles before the fuel light comes on . Any body else have this problem before or can somebody suggest any fixes . Bike is fully standard.
TIA Robb
Also how many gallons are ya putting in after the light comes on ?

·
Registered
437 Posts
When you say you are getting 24 mpg, I will trust you are doing the math correctly. Check for engine codes and put the bike on a lift and check for dragging brakes. Are you using AT LEAST the book recommended tire pressure?

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
Yes sir, the '07 has a 5 gallon tank. Something doesn't seem right,as Gman stated.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts